Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to study HL French

• 14-05-2014 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

I got 54% in my mock and I desperately NEED a C3 in the LC.
    I'm willing to put in a crazy amount of work but I reall dont know what I should be doing?
    I dont know whether to learn how to construct verbs or learn off phrases and I dont know what topics to learn for thw opinion pieces.
    Any advice/direction would be very helpful. I just need to be told what to do and Ill do it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Sure you should look over grammar but it is too late at this stage to learn lots of new vocab and all the grammar rules.. Obviously I don't know what level or vocab you have at the moment :) For grammar you should definitely learn the passe simple and the future tenses as well as present..

I would say practice some reading comprehensions, make sure you know what the questions are asking, do a good few aurals too.. As for the written, I would actually learn off a few useful phrases and vocab for possible questions. You should learn words like Firstly, secondly, on the contrary, I believe, I think, this is a huge problem etc, these are general and you can put them in anywhere.. Learn the diary entry expressions both positive and negative.

As for possible questions, this is what I have prepared myself so far:
    Sports (disabled sports/staying fit/friendship in sports)
    Technology
    Voting
    Friendship
    Environment
    Poverty
    Homelessness
    Recession - Unemployment
    Smoking, alcohol, drugs, violence..

There are many more, depends on how much time you are willing to spend, you could prepare animal rights, obesity, volunteering, marriage, racism etc, there are too many really! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

I actually have a good enoughlevel of vocab and know how to start/close opinion qs and know i believe, firstly, for the most part etc etc
    Thanks ill practice reading comps and aural. Ill try learn as much of those opinion qs too

Advertisement