Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shredders

• 15-05-2014 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone using an electric or petrol shredder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

looksee wrote: »
    Yes.

Care to share your experiences? I am trying to recommend one & there's a big price gap between an electric & a decent petrol model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭secman

Discodog wrote: »
    Care to share your experiences? I am trying to recommend one & there's a big price gap between an electric & a decent petrol model.

I have a bosch ,an electric one.cost 180 ish from memory. Have it about 5 years, tend to use it for one big job in spring and then sporadic rest of year. Does what it need it to do thus far.

secman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Bought an electric one a few years ago and got rid of it pretty quickly.

No use for leaves and fine branches,no use for thick branches and of middling use on medium sized branches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Got a Lidl shredder, electric. Fine for a small garden, does the job, it does jam a bit occasionally but it was not expensive and I reckon good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭greasepalm

top of the range bosch many years ago opening takes upto 30 mm if it jams you can power it off and reverse to clear blockage,2 kw or more maybe leccy bill goes up when in use. another massive event ahead:(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I have a Black&Decker electric shredder that I bought about 6 or 7 years ago. I think it is a bit of a toy to be honest. If I ever replace it I would definitely go for a petrol model.

Advertisement