Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Francisco Jobs?

Options
  • 15-05-2014 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

What are the best paying seasonal jobs in San Fran? Also where are the best areas to target when looking for a summer job?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

well assuming you have a j1 visa etc

Fishermans wharf - tourist shops is where I hear most J1'ers get jobs within a couple of weeks
    I took some friends over to Alcatraz one day, the woman on the boat over making announcements was broad Kerry
    I hear the odd irish accent in bars around town, but you have to be over 21 and know your cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

There should be some seasonal stuff you could pick up in the tourist industry. Be warned you will need to bring savings over to support yourself as you won't be able to cover your bills on the kind of money you'd make in any low skill job. San Francisco and its surrounding areas are now the most expensive in the US. Anyone making <$50k either lives multiple people to a single room or commutes a few hours each way.

Source: I live here and the housing shortage is a huge issue atm

Advertisement