Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blocked toilet - help!!!!

Options
  • 15-05-2014 6:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Toilet had been blocked some yesterday morning. Tried plunger, snake and combo of baking soda and vinegar but awoke this morning to find its no better. It drains eventually but even that seems to be getting worse. Pretty close to overflowing when flush ! Do I get a plumber or general handyman ? Any recommendations for anyone. Need it fixed before weekend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

moonshadow wrote: »
    Upstairs or downstairs?
    Upstairs. No other toilet ìn house hence panic! !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Is there a pipe on the wall outside coming from the toilet and going down the wall into footpath with a manhole at the bottom?

Btw is it your own house?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Time to put your fingering skills to practice :P

moonshadow wrote: »
    Btw is it your own house?
    Oh joy.i went at it with plunger again and my joy at hearing the sweet sound of the blockage freeing!! Reckon the baking soda/vinegar combo did something alright but needed another mechanical shakeup! hank god I tried plunging again. Spent an hour last night to no effect.
    Thanks a mill for getting back to me !! I was dreading weekend

• Advertisement

sdowling04 wrote: »
    I'm a female !!!!!!!

sdowling04 wrote: »

Did have bin bags lined up. Was going to use them as massive gloves to allow me get elbow deep. Thank god Im spared that delight!

Glad it worked out, btw never fush baby/make up wipes they always block it.

Advertisement