Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casualties of Cool

Options
  • 15-05-2014 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Anyone for some ambient country rock tunes?

Casualties of Cool, a Devin Townsend project, was released yesterday. Devin himself describes the album as resembling "haunted Johnny Cash songs", and for the majority he is more of an accompaniment vocally to the female lead Che Dorval, who's recognisable from his earlier album Ki.

While it's obvious that Ki and Ghost are influential in large parts of Casualties of Cool, both of which I enjoyed a lot, as a whole it's not a clear continuation of either. Stylistically, I think it stands on its own, with layers of detail and a level of ambience that make for a type of rewarding listen not found in any other DT album I've heard.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Didn't realise this had been released, looking forward to giving it a listen

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

There's a Disc 2 that will be released next week apparently. Album of the year for me so far..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Beautiful album, Devin is a genius

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement