Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mamas and papas baby snug seat

Options
  • 15-05-2014 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Anyone using this? Is it worth buying? Or is there anything else out there? Ive heard of the bumbo, but not great things, is this just a fancier version?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I don't get all those chairs to be honest. Correct me if I am wrong but they force a baby who can't sit upright by themselve before they are able to? And you can't use them once a baby sits up (at around 6 months?) so you get 2 or 3 months use? Or do they last longer? Someone wanted to buy a bumbo for us and I declined the offer. I would be terrified if he pushed himself back and cracked his head. I just saw this on amazon and think it looks better as I don't think my boy could push back and topple over. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-BFB11-Sit-Me-Up-Floor-Seat/dp/B00HA0FB8Y/ref=sr_1_4?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1400141214&sr=1-4

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Millem wrote: »
    I don't get all those chairs to be honest. Correct me if I am wrong but they force a baby who can't sit upright by themselve before they are able to? And you can't use them once a baby sits up (at around 6 months?) so you get 2 or 3 months use? Or do they last longer? Someone wanted to buy a bumbo for us and I declined the offer. I would be terrified if he pushed himself back and cracked his head. I just saw this on amazon and think it looks better as I don't think my boy could push back and topple over. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-BFB11-Sit-Me-Up-Floor-Seat/dp/B00HA0FB8Y/ref=sr_1_4?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1400141214&sr=1-4

Yep I declined a bumbo too, just didnt like the look of them, and I'm thinking the baby snug is similar enough, it says it does up to 12 months, but I can't see a 12 month old wanting to be in that.

Really like the one you posted, much better value too, thanks so much.

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Yep I declined a bumbo too, just didnt like the look of them, and I'm thinking the baby snug is similar enough, it says it does up to 12 months, but I can't see a 12 month old wanting to be in that.

Really like the one you posted, much better value too, thanks so much.

I think the baby snug is the same as the bumbo tbh. I know of one baby who didn't fit into bumbo after 6 months because he has chubby thighs lol! They sell the fisher price on in smyths if you want to see it in the flesh. I watched a youtube review from baby gizmo and she reckons it is bigger than bumbo. Amazon have 20% off that price so only €30 and 25% off if you are a family member (there is a promo code)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I bought the baby snug when my son was around 4 months. I really like it and he loved sitting in it as it gave him loads of independence, and because the couldn't sit on his own yet, he could see everything from a difference angle.

He's almost 13 months now and it's still being used. He's able to get in and out of it himself now. I still have the insert in it, but that can come out to make the seat bigger. I have friends who had the bumbo seat and their children grew out of them really quickly, while I'm still getting great use out of the baby snug.

If you're thinking about getting a seat like that, I would definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My son's physio recommended the bumbo seat to help him strenghten his core.
    We have this one, he loves it and it doubles as somewhere to feed him

• Advertisement

Anyone using this? Is it worth buying? Or is there anything else out there? Ive heard of the bumbo, but not great things, is this just a fancier version?

Coopaloop I have just ordered the fisher price one! I have managed to round out the side of his head that was flat but in the process there is now a small flat patch at the back lol! So I need to keep him off it! I think this will do the trick along with the jumperoo and tummy time!

Coopaloop I have just ordered the fisher price one! I have managed to round out the side of his head that was flat but in the process there is now a small flat patch at the back lol! So I need to keep him off it! I think this will do the trick along with the jumperoo and tummy time!

I was at doctors getting his 4 month injection and asked the nurse what she thought of his head, she got the doc into have a look. Like you we have rounded the side but do have a flat bit at back, she wasn't concerned, said it will correct itself as he starts moving more, said his ears are even which is what they look for apparently. I told her that the phn said to keep on tummy and move head to side, and I got an eye roll off the doc and a very frank 'how are you supposed to keep a 4 month old on his tum for any length of time and keep his head to one side' I ordered the chair from smyths too, should have it Monday, pity it's not available in store. We bought the discover and grow jumperoo, so hopefully that all helps it.

I was at doctors getting his 4 month injection and asked the nurse what she thought of his head, she got the doc into have a look. Like you we have rounded the side but do have a flat bit at back, she wasn't concerned, said it will correct itself as he starts moving more, said his ears are even which is what they look for apparently. I told her that the phn said to keep on tummy and move head to side, and I got an eye roll off the doc and a very frank 'how are you supposed to keep a 4 month old on his tum for any length of time and keep his head to one side' I ordered the chair from smyths too, should have it Monday, pity it's not available in store. We bought the discover and grow jumperoo, so hopefully that all helps it.

We had out injections too and the nurse said his head was normal and would round out by itself! I ordered chair on amazon only paid €30 and free delivery :) we haven't gotten our jumperoo yet but he is getting it as a present next week! I don't think we would get much time out of bumbo or snug seat as he is getting chubby thighs! He is nearly 19lbs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

nikpmup wrote: »
    My son's physio recommended the bumbo seat to help him strenghten his core.
    We have this one, he loves it and it doubles as somewhere to feed him

We were also recommended the Bumbo by our physio, for both core strengthening, and for his positional plagiocephaly.

I tend not to leave him in it for too long, and always when I'm there. I've never seen him come even close to toppling it, I just can't see how it could happen, the centre of gravity is all in the middle.

I've also been using it for his feeds (the odd bit of experimenting we've been doing!), it works much better than his high chair while he's so small.

I really doubt physios would be recommending it if it's unsafe. He really enjoys being in it, and he's actually well ahead of himself with rolling etc, it seems to be helping.

They're really not very expensive, especially if you get one second-hand if you're not sure of how much you'll use it.

We were also recommended the Bumbo by our physio, for both core strengthening, and for his positional plagiocephaly.

I tend not to leave him in it for too long, and always when I'm there. I've never seen him come even close to toppling it, I just can't see how it could happen, the centre of gravity is all in the middle.

I've also been using it for his feeds (the odd bit of experimenting we've been doing!), it works much better than his high chair while he's so small.

I really doubt physios would be recommending it if it's unsafe. He really enjoys being in it, and he's actually well ahead of himself with rolling etc, it seems to be helping.

They're really not very expensive, especially if you get one second-hand if you're not sure of how much you'll use it.

Babies arch their backs to get out of it or tip it over. I have no doubt my baby would do this and he is very strong so I am sure he would succeed. I think I would have to sit behind him with my arms out! The fisher price one comes up to his armpits so I don't think he could manage this. I know a lot of people rave about them but it's not for me! If your baby is on the big side (which mine is!) the holes for the legs are smaller than the snug seat and the fisher price.

• Advertisement

This is how they can fall out of bumbos! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ZOLIr3FK8
    There are loads of videos out there including ones of 4 month old babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

We have this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prince-Lionheart-Bebepod-Flex-Plus/dp/B004NRNSZK/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1401016658&sr=1-1&keywords=prince+lionheart+bebepod

We have used it since baby was 5 months, she's now 9 months and it is mostly used as a high chair for feeding. My two year old still fits comfortably in it so no worries about it being too small.

She loved it since we got it as she hated being reclined in her bouncer. She was so determined to sit up she would pull herself forward then fall out on either side.

We opted for this one over the others as its safe on chairs, it has a waist harness and the table is really useful too. I'd definitely recommend it.

Coopaloop did you get the yesterday? Ours is despatching today with a bit of luck! I forgot to say PHN suggested to prop him up with pillows so he can sit up in the mean time.

Coopaloop did you get the yesterday? Ours is despatching today with a bit of luck! I forgot to say PHN suggested to prop him up with pillows so he can sit up in the mean time.

Yep came yesterday. He loves it, delighted with himself sitting up. So happy we bought it now.

He's starting to really like the jumperoo now too, didn't really know what to make of it at first.

Yep came yesterday. He loves it, delighted with himself sitting up. So happy we bought it now.

He's starting to really like the jumperoo now too, didn't really know what to make of it at first.

Brill! Is it big inside? I was looking at tripp trapps yesterday and bumbo was beside them and they look very small inside compared to my baby!

Brill! Is it big inside? I was looking at tripp trapps yesterday and bumbo was beside them and they look very small inside compared to my baby!

It is actually big enough, he has plenty of space for his long legs.

It is actually big enough, he has plenty of space for his long legs.

Great! Ours should be here tomorrow as it is currently in dublin somewhere!! Can't wait. The back of his head has started to round out too :)

It arrived this morning! Love the way you can attach other toys to it! It is so sturdy and he loves it. Thank god it is the summer because I had to take his hoody off as it is a tight enough squeeze!! Lol

Advertisement