Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derelict house – is there a way to find the owner ?

Options
  • 15-05-2014 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

There is a house on my street that has not been lived in for about 5 years. There used to be squatters occupying the house but they have since been removed on.

I know someone who is looking to buy in the same area and the house is in a perfect location for them.

I was just wondering is there a way to find out the owner and see if they would be interested in selling?

Thanks
    Barr:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johny33

I'd start with landdirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Afraid that site does not have the information. Could anyone advise where to next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You could look up the Local Council Planning map, see if there's a planning application on it, you might get details on the owner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

If it is the house i think you are talking about, he lives a couple of doors down.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

land registery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

If its not on the land registry map then it might be in the registry of deeds, you would have to pay to do a search there and its not online either.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Ask older people living on the street.

They know everyone's business

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement