Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I achieve this? // Mocks improvement

Options
  • 15-05-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,
    So basically I just need some help.
    My goal for the junior cert is 5+ A's, 4B'S and One C (Irish).

I've been finding it hard to get focused lately and to start studying, I have been doing my fair share and putting in time but sometimes it doesn't feel like a lot, so with three weeks to go I'm looking for any advice.

My pre/mock results are as follows:

English: 72% (I got a bit caught for time, I think I could have gotten higher)
    Mathematics: 73% (I've been working a lot since then, I really need too get this up to an A)
    French: 70% (I'm pretty happy with this as didn't do much work for this, but I've been working a bit since then and hope I can grasp an A)
    German: 80% (I definitely can get an A, I just need to put my head down and get focused)
    History: 78% (I knew what was coming up on some of the pre so it's not really a fair result, I'd say fair would have been maybe 72%)
    Geography: 77% (Genuine 77% I've done a lot of work since then, I'm hoping to get this up to an A)
    Business: 73% (A bit disappointed as this as business (not accounting) Is one of my favourite subjects, I just got caught... I need to work on this)
    Irish: 50% (no comment)
    CSPE: 96% (This is good, I hope to keep it up, Just hope my project will Be on par with this)
    Science: 65% (Really pissed off about that result, Have never gotten lower than an A in science, I've done a lot of work since then, I'm working to get this up to an A)

So basically, I just want to know, from those pre results, is it possible to achieve my above goal (5a's, 4b's, 1c) an if so how? Can anyone give me a rough idea of the work I should be doing for the next three weeks?

Thank you so much in advance,
    John :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jldesign

Also does anyone know of any really good revision notes for to kill a mockingbird?

And sample answers for faoiléan/an tÁdh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

To Kill A Mockingbird:
    http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/mocking/

If I find my mock paper I'll give you my answer for "An tÁdh" on theme of "fharraige" got 15 marks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 needhelpquick

jldesign wrote: »
    Also does anyone know of any really good revision notes for to kill a mockingbird?

And sample answers for faoiléan/an tÁdh?

There's Sample answers for An Tádh in the less stress more success irish revision book and in the Irish Independent newspaper, exam brief pull out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 needhelpquick

I think you could really achieve those results! I'd say you could easily get an A In Science, Geography, CSPE, History, German, English, Maths, French and Business. then maybe b/c in Irish :)

to get the A in business is Relatively easy as you already know 50% which is guaranteed.
    10% Books of first entry
    10% Budget
    10% Final accounts and balance sheets
    10% Club accounts
    10% Business Documents :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Look at what areas you lost your marks in and work on them. No point studying areas you are already good at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 MysticManiac

I think you could really achieve those results! I'd say you could easily get an A In Science, Geography, CSPE, History, German, English, Maths, French and Business. then maybe b/c in Irish :)

to get the A in business is Relatively easy as you already know 50% which is guaranteed.
    10% Books of first entry
    10% Budget
    10% Final accounts and balance sheets
    10% Club accounts
    10% Business Documents :)

What do u mean 50% is guaranteed? You expect everybody to get full marks in those 5 questions?? Yes, they come up every year but they're not easy. Also, Economics also comes up every year and my teacher didn't do Books of first entry with us cus she said it was really hard, like worse than Final Accounts which is already a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jldesign

Thanks for all the kind responses, At this stage what I would be delighted with is 5 A's I just need to get my head down for the last two weeks,

I will try to put this advice into use, does anyone else have anymore advice? God I really hope I get my 5 A's!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

jldesign wrote: »
    Thanks for all the kind responses, At this stage what I would be delighted with is 5 A's I just need to get my head down for the last two weeks,

I will try to put this advice into use, does anyone else have anymore advice? God I really hope I get my 5 A's!

You're very close to it. My money would be on you getting at least 5.

Make sure you don't do anything silly, like leaving out a section or part or answering the wrong combination of questions.

Advertisement