Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

York

Options
  • 15-05-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Anyone living in or know much about York? Have a week trial there in June and, all going well, will move over permanently after. Been reading all about it online but though I'd ask here to see if anyone has any personal accounts of the place. I want to here good and bad points since I will be (hopefully) living there after all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Passed through it last year, and spent a day there. Beautiful city. I think it's one of the most visited cities in the UK or in England?

Not too far from Leeds either, and great countryside on the doorstep.

Don't know much about it after that.

Best thing about the north of England, is you can get out of the cities and into lovely open country fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

It's a beautiful place. I'd imagine it's got stuff going on being not too large but still a major university city.

Betty's tearoom is very good to go with the missus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Beatiful City, plenty going on, very wealthy place and as someone said, very close to Leeds, same size as Cork in population terms

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

a great place. Good range of accommodation available too. If you bring a car you could live out of town in some of the best scenery in GB. 2 hours to London by train too (or 2.5 to Edinburgh).

City centre is a complete tourist attraction, and the one way system is a nightmare to get around at rush hour. The race course is a huge attraction too.

Advertisement