Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a Shomera

Options
  • 15-05-2014 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Has anyone tried to move a Shomera to a new location?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Droghead

New location as in a new site or position within the garden.... Need more information

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nvallely

To a new location. We're moving house and would ideally like to move the shomera as well. It's currently in the country outside Cork and we're moving into the city.

I am presuming its just sitting on a concrete pad??

The ideal way to move it is by getting a Lorry with Crane and a company that are familiar with moving these type of units... Will probably cost few hundred euro but its the ideal way to do it..

If you try Masterkabin they might be able to help you out...

Any joy getting sorted???

Haven't had a chance to call Masterkabin yet. I'd be curious to hear from someone who has actually moved one. The Shomera people who built it say that they are not to be moved, so I need to find out if there are actually problems or is it just that they don't want any liability.

• Advertisement

Was it built on site or how did they get it into your back garden??? what is the shomera sitting on??...

I have a cedar cladding office in my garden, and when i purchased it 5yrs ago it was craned in and I moved last November and brought the unit with me, got same people to move it for me... cant see why yours cant be moved as they aren't concreted to the ground they usually sit on concrete or slabs etc...

It was prefabricated and assembled on the site. It's sitting on two strips of concrete. I imagine it shouldn't be that difficult so I'm curious as to why they recommend not moving it.

well Masterkabin are the guys for the job they will probably call out look at building, access etc honestly I cant see it been a problem to move at all....

Shomera probably don't have cranes etc to lift or want the hassle...

Good luck & keep me posted...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

nvallely wrote: »
    It was prefabricated and assembled on the site. It's sitting on two strips of concrete. I imagine it shouldn't be that difficult so I'm curious as to why they recommend not moving it.

I work in one! And...saw it being built. One of the problems is that there are steel posts bedded in the concrete which are connected/integral to the floor structure of the Shomera.

I often thought if I moved house I would like to bring the Shomera with me but I considered that I would have to be prepared to loose the floor structure and have to have a new floor built.

Advertisement