Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Keys, Drums, Bass, Guitar, Vocals-originals band (Dublin-Wicklow-Wexford)

Options
  • 15-05-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

A little bit about me. My name is Gavin MacDermott. I have been recording and playing live (acoustically) for the last few years but would like to start a collaborative band. I play guitar, piano, mandolin, but usually guitar. I have a practice facility in Gorey, Wexford which can be used for rehearsals and recordings demos. I split my time between Dublin and Wexford. I work during the day so I keep music for evenings/weekends.

No name as of yet. Open to other instruments of course. Multiple singers for harmonies and different leads would be great. Style of music would be anything from pop-rock-synth. Influences of mine would include Prince, Smiths, New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, Talking Heads, Massive Attack, Kate Bush, Paul Simon, Prefab Sprout, Fleetwood Mac (pre and post green). Big fan of most things 80s/90s.

In terms of age ideally anyone 18-30s. I am in my early 20s. In terms of a timeline I would be hoping for a demo EP to be recorded by the end of June. I have contacts for venues in Dublin and for some festivals around the country in terms of gigs for the summer. I also think that putting on our own shows independently or cooperatively with other acts would be a good idea.

You can find some demos and other recordings of some of my own stuff on soundcloud and youtube if you search my name 'Gavin MacDermott'. Look for 'Jacknife-Gavin MacDermott' on youtube, that's the most recent recording.

I have lots of other songs written but, for the purpose of this band, the more writers, the better. PM me if you are interested.

Gav

Comments

Advertisement