Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STIHL LEAF BLOWER OR VAC??

• 15-05-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Ok guys,ive decided im going to purchase a stihl leaf blower /vac but not sure which model to buy ,its either the BG86 CE blower or the SH86 CE .both have the same power /engine but the bg is the blower model and the sh is the vac...my site is 3/4 acre surrounded on all sides by mature trees with lots of leaves .i have heard stories saying shredders vacuums block up but a friend who has one said its only people who blow all the leaves into a big pile and then try vac them up.i would be out most weekends in autumn vac up small amounts so im steering towards the vacuum shredder .just wondering on peoples opinions here and professionals.thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

The vac's block up if the leafs are wet and it can be a curse of a job to free it out, the dedicated blower also had a bigger air output than the blower/vac. You won't go wrong with the stihl tho, they're a smashing blower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Blower, Vacs are troublesome and expect frequent impeller replacement if any small stone or gravel finds its way into the intake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I have had the sh86 blower vac for many years and it is fine, never needed a new impeller and blockages aren't too difficult to clear, the only thing I would say is in a dry autumn/winter then by all means vac them, if soaking then don't.

Advertisement