Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hot water/heating problem

• 15-05-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi, every since the water has been turned off/on again, I havent been able to heat the water with the gas heating. I've been using the immersion. I was just wondering if anyone knew someone who could come and see what the problem is. the water heats if you have the heating on, but if you want just hot water, without heating, it wont heat. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭markest

When the boiler is on, just turn the thermastat down to 0 it should only heat the water & not the rads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭Cerco

. If you don't get a solution here post over on the plumbing and heating forum. Give boiler details.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thread moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rosina1969

markest, when I do that the hot water doesnt heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Rosina1969 wrote: »
    markest, when I do that the hot water doesnt heat.

Something similar happened to my heating...

There is a little box behind the hot water tank, it'll have a mains cable coming out of it... There is a relay in this box and is connected to your thermostate that your turning... This is broke, however I found a little metal lever that you can slide across over to " manual"...
    This will now give you hot water when the heating comes on regardless of what the thermostate is set at....
    Downside of this.... You'll need to switch the rads off at the rads otherwise you'll have one hot house....

Hope this helps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭Cerco

Something similar happened to my heating...

There is a little box behind the hot water tank, it'll have a mains cable coming out of it... There is a relay in this box and is connected to your thermostate that your turning... This is broke, however I found a little metal lever that you can slide across over to " manual"...
    This will now give you hot water when the heating comes on regardless of what the thermostate is set at....
    Downside of this.... You'll need to switch the rads off at the rads otherwise you'll have one hot house....

Hope this helps..

I think you are referring to a motorised valve.
    She already has the situation you describe I.e. Hot water with heating on.
    However I think you put your finger on the problem. It may simply be a valve stuck.
    I would wait for an expert response however instead of suggesting a remedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Rosina1969 wrote: »
    hi, every since the water has been turned off/on again, I havent been able to heat the water with the gas heating. I've been using the immersion. I was just wondering if anyone knew someone who could come and see what the problem is. the water heats if you have the heating on, but if you want just hot water, without heating, it wont heat. thanks in advance.

Do you have a time clock with separate hot water / radiator controls?

Advertisement