Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florabest Law Trimmer

Options
  • 15-05-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Bought a Florabest Lawn Trimmer in August 2013 in Lidl. Only started using this in
    April 2014 and the cap that covers the spool has broken off which renders the
    thing unworkable. I call Lidl customer services who told me to contact DesUK and
    that they would sort me out. Contacted DesUK and sent copy of receipt to be told
    that they do not cover this part of the equipment under warranty. So obviously
    some parts of this Lawn Trimmeer is covered by warranty and some parts are not.
    This is odd as this is the second time that the same problem has occured with this
    particular item, the one I had prior to this, exactly the same thing happened so
    I'm wondering is it happening so often that they have stopped the warranty on this
    part. Has anyone any ideas and what are my consumer rights.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

depends on how and why the cap fell off.

Basically, if you can show its a MANUFACTURING fault, you are covered, but just like exhausts, tyres, wipers etc are not covered under a car warranty, possibly something like this is not covered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Deal with Lidl directly. Although a part might be 'consumable' they are under an obligation for these to be available for a reasonable time.

Basically if they cant fix it, chargable or not, you will have recourse through small claims.

Advertisement