Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a printer to me

Options
  • 15-05-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm passing on my old printer to my dad and I'm hoping to pick something up in the next couple of weeks. Basically I'm self-employed and use it for work, but I don't print very much (maybe b&w 50 sheets a week). Ideally I'd like something that's quick, and doesn't requite constant maintenance or changing cartridges. Perhaps I don't want to spend a massive amount (ideally not much more than €100), as I don't really use it enough to justify it. I don't really need colour printing and if I could find a decent mono printer that would do a lot of pages for that price then I'd be willing to give it a miss, but equally I suppose there's no harm in having it.

Has anyone bought anything similar recently, or seen anything like that that won't cost the earth?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I'm looking for a printer too. I have a HP, but it's stopped working lately and I'm looking for another one.

My requirements are similar to the OP. I basically just want a printer that doesn't cost a lot and one that the ink will last a good while.

What printer to people have and are you happy with its performance?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A laser printer would be the way to go for just printing b/w documents. They use toner cartridges, as opposed to ink cartridges.

I don't know if you'd get a good mono laser printer for €100 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I got Samsung laser (CLP-320 now obsolete) for printing my college stuff. Vastly cheaper, faster and more economical than inkjets.

Take a look at THIS from amazon. It states UK only, not sure if it will fit in Parcel Motel hatch.

Compatible toner HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Yeah - plus one on the laser printers -

I bought a CLP-320 for 80 euros in the sales - colour laser
    - its over a year old now on the cartridges I got with it. I hope to fill them myself when they waste.

Only downside is its not wifi or lan connectable, just usb; so to print from another device you need turn on the pc its connected to. But the quality etc is fantastic.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Oki mono printers are available for less than €100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Be careful about buying printers based on price. Look up the cost of ink and ensure that there's cheap refills available.

Advertisement