Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pochettino has the aces as he ponders whether to stick with Saints

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,332 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's some good copying and pasting, there, Lou -

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Joe Lewis 2014 UK rich list Rank: 25

Wealth: £3,350m

Source of wealth: Foreign exchange, Investment £150m

Lewis, 77, built his first fortune in the London hospitality business. A foreign exchange trader and global investor, he has interests in more than 150 companies via his Tavistock operation. He owns Tottenham Hotspur FC and has a £509m stake in the Mitchells & Butlers pub chain. Lewis has lent the National Gallery works from his art collection, and has homes in Argentina, the Bahamas and Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pity he's not a football/spurs fan or we'd be going toe to toe with City in the summer transfer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Pity he's not a football/spurs fan or we'd be going toe to toe with City in the summer transfer market.

And their fines/squad restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

irishmover wrote: »
    And their fines/squad restrictions.

Which hardly impact them at all, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

SuprSi wrote: »
    Which hardly impact them at all, to be fair.

Ofcourse it has. They let it happen again and what do you think will happen the next time? To me that was a warning message to them.

Would you be happy if that was Spurs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ofcourse it has. They let it happen again and what do you think will happen the next time? To me that was a warning message to them.

If we had just won the league then I would be fine with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I certainly wouldn't. I support Spurs for the football. What City have achieved isn't by playing football.

To me it'd be pretty much the same feeling I'd get if we won with all our players taking performance enhancing drugs.

Joe Lewis 2014 UK rich list Rank: 25

Wealth: £3,350m

Source of wealth: Foreign exchange, Investment £150m

Lewis, 77, built his first fortune in the London hospitality business. A foreign exchange trader and global investor, he has interests in more than 150 companies via his Tavistock operation. He owns Tottenham Hotspur FC and has a £509m stake in the Mitchells & Butlers pub chain. Lewis has lent the National Gallery works from his art collection, and has homes in Argentina, the Bahamas and Florida.

Are you derailing another thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ormus wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't. I support Spurs for the football. What City have achieved isn't by playing football.

To me it'd be pretty much the same feeling I'd get if we won with all our players taking performance enhancing drugs.

They did play football though, and some bloody attractive football as well! I get what you're saying though, the fact that they have been penalised means they cheated the system, and like you I'd rather everything the club did was above board.

That doesn't mean we'd have to be bankrolled in the same manner as City or Chelsea, but a little bit of help wouldn't kill Joe, you'd think. Maybe he already helps and that help has been poured down the drain through poor manager selection, bad luck, players not fitting in etc.

Still, when all is said and done, if we had just won the league for the 2nd time in 3 years playing the football they did I don't think I'd be caring too much about some fairly minor (relatively speaking) sanctions imposed on the club!

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    They did play football though, and some bloody attractive football as well! I get what you're saying though, the fact that they have been penalised means they cheated the system, and like you I'd rather everything the club did was above board.

That doesn't mean we'd have to be bankrolled in the same manner as City or Chelsea, but a little bit of help wouldn't kill Joe, you'd think. Maybe he already helps and that help has been poured down the drain through poor manager selection, bad luck, players not fitting in etc.

Still, when all is said and done, if we had just won the league for the 2nd time in 3 years playing the football they did I don't think I'd be caring too much about some fairly minor (relatively speaking) sanctions imposed on the club!

I'm not really talking about them being penalised. That only serves to further confirm what we all knew anyway: that they bought the title.

It's not the fault of their players but it does make it fairly meaningless as far as I'm concerned. The players are incidental to the whole thing. If those players hadn't won the title they would've bought a bunch who did. The success of that team was down to football but the success of the club is down to money and nothing else.

I know obscene amounts of money are par for the course nowadays and there's no point going on about it, but I really wanna support a football club. Spurs are a proper football club and I love that.

Also gotta admire Atletico (and Arsenal) who have kept it real and succeeded.

Advertisement