Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Where sells good table & chair for working on a computer? I want a decent 'computer' chair- with back support that can swirl & has wheels.

Cheers.

Woodies have desks that arent too bad, Homestore and More and B&Q would be worth a punt too.

Viking Direct do decent office chairs, you just cant test.them.first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Where sells good table & chair for working on a computer? I want a decent 'computer' chair- with back support that can swirl & has wheels.

Cheers.

Have gone through this recently - ended up getting desks in N17 and had wicked trouble finding chairs. The office supply stores are never open on weekends to try out the chairs which is also why I ruled out online. Went to IKEA (I know it's the Galway City thread) in the end and they had a serious selection and were excellent value. Sat on loads of chairs for a good while and mimed doing a bit of work and settled on a high back leather one in the end - very comfy. Got 2 of them and they fit perfectly in the boot of a normal saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

(Thanks for all the previous replies re jelly beans - satisfied the cravings...!)

I’d like to try get a KeepCup. I had one a while ago, quite liked it but didn’t get it in Galway. Direct from them is very expensive (~€18 without P&P!). I know that McCambridges and Costa Coffee have them but they’re branded and I’d really rather now have mine branded.

So, where abouts in Galway City stocks them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pen Rua wrote: »
    (Thanks for all the previous replies re jelly beans - satisfied the cravings...!)

I’d like to try get a KeepCup. I had one a while ago, quite liked it but didn’t get it in Galway. Direct from them is very expensive (~€18 without P&P!). I know that McCambridges and Costa Coffee have them but they’re branded and I’d really rather now have mine branded.

Have you tried dunnes, tk maxx and outdoor shops? (i'm thinking of plain insulated mugs)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Why a chemist instead of an actually piercer?
    Shops that do piercing as a secondary thing to there main business tend to use guns that are harder to clean properly and you may have someone with no experience doing it. At least in a piercing studio you know who ever is doing it does it everyday and knows what they are doing

You're dead right!
    It was for someone who I thought might be a little queasy about something they're not used to, who wants just lady like earrings, but you make good points that I'll repeat!
    Is there anywhere you recommend ?

• Advertisement

Have you tried dunnes, tk maxx and outdoor shops? (i'm thinking of plain insulated mugs)
    Tried both TK Maxx and Dunnes; general they don’t have ones that feel like decent quality. I haven’t tried outdoor shops, good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

You're dead right!
    It was for someone who I thought might be a little queasy about something they're not used to, who wants just lady like earrings, but you make good points that I'll repeat!
    Is there anywhere you recommend ?

AWOL beside born have a good reputation. I know a few people who have used them and were very happy with service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Saw some nice Bamboo Cups in Evergreen Westside the other day. I suppose they have them in their other stores, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Herself got one in Mr Waffle in Newcastle.
    Unbranded, normal KeepCup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

aw wrote: »

Their sister shop in Salthill (Ground & Co) also have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭thebackbar

hi,
    i'm looking for a health and safety consultant to review a health and safety policy and also to do a health and safety audit of a premises ? can anyone recommend someone pls ?

aw wrote: »
    Thanks for the pointer.

Happened to be passing Anthony Ryan’s Homestore - they have them for ~€15 for medium size ones. Don’t know why I didn’t think to check there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Looking for someone that will cut a front lawn in Riverside. One fella said it was too long, another said he would do it and never came back.

It's terrible looking, want to get it cut ASAP. Grass is long in places, but not thick. Not a strimmer job. Lawnmower at house is done for. Have one at homeplace but it's nearly 60 miles roundtrip, just to cut the bloody lawn.

Or if anyone nearby has one, can give you few quid and do it myself and drop it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

2 pin electrical connector.

Looking for one of these in Galway; male side.where's the best bet to pick one up?

(excuse the dirty hands)

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

B Rabbit wrote: »

Looking for one of these in Galway; male side.where's the best bet to pick one up?

(excuse the dirty hands)

TIA

Hmm. I'd try one of the electrical suppliers or somewhere like Caulfields on the Tuam Road. They'll point you in the right direction if they don't have them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

B Rabbit wrote: »

(excuse the dirty hands)

TIA

Top part/calbro would be my thought

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

You know those frozen alcohol pouches you can get and put in the freezer? Strawberry flavour etc

Parrot bay were the makers I think

Anybody know a supermarket or offy that sells them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

You know those frozen alcohol pouches you can get and put in the freezer? Strawberry flavour etc

I’ve seen them in Dunnes Knocknacarra before. Failing that you could buy a bag of frozen fruit and whizz it in a blender with alcohol :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Tesco definitely sells them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Tesco definitely sells them too.

Was in Tesco Bradford road. Didn't have them. Asked the lad working there. He confirmed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

They have had them in Fine Wines in Westside; but I haven't noticed whether they're still there or not - I THINK they still do them, but you know the way you stop noticing something after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Would anyone know, is there a mobile phone service that actually works in Knocknacarra?

I’ve tried both meteor & virgin media. They’re both shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Would anyone know, is there a mobile phone service that actually works in Knocknacarra?

I’ve tried both meteor & virgin media. They’re both shocking.

Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Was in Tesco Bradford road. Didn't have them. Asked the lad working there. He confirmed it

I'm presuming this is an auto correct error and should be the Headford road?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Deadly Delta

Hi All, 

I want to install a new shower in my apartment in the city center and am having trouble finding someone who does this kind of job. It will be an electric shower so I need a plumber/electrician who also does the tiling and ventilation for bathrooms. 

Can someone please point me in the right direction. Anyone I can find online says the job is too small for them.

Cheers

Looking for tubs of (Penny) sweets. Roughly the size newsagents have. I have no access to a Cash&Carry and would prefer west of the city, but all suggestions are welcome. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Looking for tubs of (Penny) sweets. Roughly the size newsagents have. I have no access to a Cash&Carry and would prefer west of the city, but all suggestions are welcome. TIA

Iceland used to have a large selection of the big tubs of sweets like what you would see in newsagents. Can't say for sure which sweets though

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aldi/Lidl have tubs as well.

Couldn't find any in Aldi. But will try Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,793 ✭✭✭✭zell12

woodies
    also online shops

Advertisement