Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Try Walsh's paving on the team Rd.
    Near Roccha tiles.
    The delivery could be steep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Is there a campaign like 'period poverty' in the city? or somewhere we can leave towels/tampons.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone know of local bricks & mortar stores selling Hugo Boss Dark Blue 75ml for men?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'd try Boots or Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭galway321

I am looking for a tiler for a small job in the Roscam area. Any recommendations?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Lots of the garden centres/B and Q sell small bags. Otherwise you’re looking at a tonne or half tonne bag from one of the building suppliers like chadwicks
    martin6651 wrote: »
    Looking for some one to deliver small quantity of sand and aggregate.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭duedate

I'm looking for some Dylon clothes dye - anywhere around town have a good selection of colours of this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

duedate wrote: »
    I'm looking for some Dylon clothes dye - anywhere around town have a good selection of colours of this please?

Don't know for sure, but Hickeys upstairs in Corbett Court would be the first place I'd try.

Hickeys, or upstairs in Anthony Ryans maybe

Bredabe wrote: »
    Is there a campaign like 'period poverty' in the city? or somewhere we can leave towels/tampons.

Try Cope Galway, they would probably be glad to have them for their women’s refuge and homeless hostels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Cope is an excellent suggestion. Here's their day centre. You can just stop by: https://goo.gl/maps/FKxVjj232iT2

Also Galway Simon Community.

Some bigger supermarkets have it, I found some in the haberdashery shop in Liosbaun estate, it's beside the coffee shop there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone know where I can get a nut milk bag in the city? Used to strain plant based milks. I thought Evergreen but don't see any listed online.

J o e wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a nut milk bag in the city? Used to strain plant based milks. I thought Evergreen but don't see any listed online.

Is that different from a muslin/cheese cloth?

Looks like you could make one easy enough:
    http://ambersimmons.com/2014/04/diy-nut-milk-bag/
    https://www.eatingvibrantly.com/make-no-sew-nut-milk-bag/

xckjoo wrote: »
    Is that different from a muslin/cheese cloth?

Looks like you could make one easy enough:
    http://ambersimmons.com/2014/04/diy-nut-milk-bag/
    https://www.eatingvibrantly.com/make-no-sew-nut-milk-bag/

I also don't have a muslin/cheese cloth. ;)

Haha. I have one but can't remember where I got it. I'd guess Anthony Ryans would have them. Or maybe Hickeys (upstairs in Corbett Court) for fabric in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Mothercare downstairs in Eyre Square centre used to sell muslin squares. Great for any number of uses as well as their original purpose:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

I have a 3 piece suite that I need to get rid of. I've advertised it for free but no takers. I'm aware of the council large item removal but they won't be collecting u til next week and ideally I'd like it gone before then. Any suggestions appreciated

b.gud wrote: »
    I have a 3 piece suite that I need to get rid of. I've advertised it for free but no takers. I'm aware of the council large item removal but they won't be collecting u til next week and ideally I'd like it gone before then. Any suggestions appreciated

Have you tried the St Vincent DePaul? They collect large stuff.

xckjoo wrote: »

Have you tried the St Vincent DePaul? They collect large stuff.
    I tried the Simon Community but they said they wouldn't take it, there's a tear at the bottom of the couch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

If you're on facebook search for tuam freebies and also look for links to other 'free' sites in county galway. There's always a demand for free stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Assuming you have no way of transporting it to CityBin in Oranmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Double post

Leave it out the front of your house with a €100 price tag on it, it won't last long. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Maybe try FREECYCLE? Or have ya done that already?
    https://groups.freecycle.org/group/GalwayIE/posts/all

bagels wrote: »
    If you're on facebook search for tuam freebies and also look for links to other 'free' sites in county galway. There's always a demand for free stuff
    Maybe try FREECYCLE? Or have ya done that already?
    https://groups.freecycle.org/group/GalwayIE/posts/all

Cheers will check those out
    L'prof wrote: »
    Assuming you have no way of transporting it to CityBin in Oranmore?

Good suggestion will try and see if I can organise a lift out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Anyone have a recommendation for a pre purchase engineers survey in West Galway. For a house outside of Oughterard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Anyone have a recommendation for a pre purchase engineers survey in West Galway. For a house outside of Oughterard.

James Roach
    16 Forster st Galway
    Co. Galway

091 562855

He just performed a survey for myself and my GF
    Incredibly thorough (estate agents refer to him as Dr. Death), really accommodating (he performed ours on a Saturday morning to suit our schedule) and been in the business absolute yonks so very well respected

hamsterboy wrote: »
    James Roach
    16 Forster st Galway
    Co. Galway

091 562855

He just performed a survey for myself and my GF
    Incredibly thorough (estate agents refer to him as Dr. Death), really accommodating (he performed ours on a Saturday morning to suit our schedule) and been in the business absolute yonks so very well respected

+1 for James. Never steered anyone I've recommended wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Bredabe wrote: »
    +1 for James. Never steered anyone I've recommended wrong.

+1 for Roache as well. Very thorough

Advertisement