Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭jkforde

Bosupe wrote: »
    Looking for help with money and budgeting. Basically someone to advise on best options to get some return on savings instead of having it sit in a deposit account.

jumping on this, anyone know of someone who teaches financial / investment basics, I also want to put me sponds to work!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Hi all
    Looking for recommendations for a reasonable plumber need a few radiators replacing
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

GY A1 wrote: »
    Tesco had some on clearance last weekend

Thanks. Do you know if it was the old ones or the new (Maxtra) ones? We use the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

thanks Biko
    But I need a plumber re radiators etc not really a drain issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Going to skeptically try to vinegar the weeds on my driveway - any idea where in town I can get a load of vinegar (for cheap, hopefully)?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

They sometimes have big bottles of vinegar in mr.price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The Indian/Pakistani food shop in Westside have 5l canisters of vinegar. Can't remember the exact price, but it's very reasonable.
    The shop is on the far right past the post office and Foodland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Since the college of hairdressing closed their salon I'm at a loss for a cheap ladies haircut ..... anywhere doing cheap or trainee cuts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I'm looking for the best ladies hair stylist in Galway.
    Recommendation appreciated.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Looking for less than a dozen irregular stepping stones to make a path across the garden. Something like this but maybe the stones more spread out.

garden-stepping-stones-for-sale-garden-stepping-stones-make-the-perfect-natural-garden-walkway.jpg

Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Looking for less than a dozen irregular stepping stones to make a path across the garden. Something like this but maybe the stones more spread out.

Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't seen nice irregular stone like that around Galway - it's usually slabs. You can get stepping stones but they are usually circles. I would ask in the Gardening forum.

I vaguely remember B&Q having some.
    https://www.diy.com/search?Ntt=Garden+Stepping+Stones#icamp=category

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Anyone have any ideas?

Just a thought, the salvage place on Circular Road owned by Denis Goggin might be worth a shout. They deal in reclaimed stone and that type of thing.

You might get lucky.

http://www.galwaysalvagegallery.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Looking for someone to remove small front garden and replace with concrete.

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Is there anywhere selling spherical (ball) candles? Nothing especially fancy, about 6cm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Best chips, garlic mayo and cheese please?
    Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

dinneenp wrote: »
    Thanks,
    Pa

Supermacs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭testtech05

Thanks,
    Pa

Jack Jordans in Doughiska

Addle wrote: »
    Supermacs...

Thanks but I'm not taken with their chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Don't know what their garlic sauce is like but Vinnys is my favourite curry cheese chips

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Vinnies do great chips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Where's there a good showroom to hear TV soundbars in person in or within an hour of Galway?

I tried Curry's a month back but the showroom was in a bad state with many soundbars not plugged in or testable.

Looking for a 60cm (2 foot) compact soundbar with good sound and enough oomph for action flicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Where's there a good showroom to hear TV soundbars in person in or within an hour of Galway?

I tried Curry's a month back but the showroom was in a bad state with many soundbars not plugged in or testable.

Looking for a 60cm (2 foot) compact soundbar with good sound and enough oomph for action flicks.

It’s you again! I actually listened to the Beam in Curry’s before buying it. Since you’re interested in that one in particular. DID in Briarhill we’re giving a couple a demo of a Samsung soundbar when I was there the other week

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Friend swears by Giovanni’s dominick st(beside Roisin)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can anyone recommend someone local that wouldn’t charge a mortgage to trim a overhanging Conifer tree on one side?

Would require someone used to using a chainsaw and ladder. Access is easy I would think and there is plenty of clearance on the side that needs to be cut, no sheds or anything else near it. Most of the branches needing cutting are easily accessible due to the foliage at the access area being dead.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Can anyone recommend someone local that wouldn’t charge a mortgage to trim a overhanging Conifer tree on one side?

Would require someone used to using a chainsaw and ladder. Access is easy I would think and there is plenty of clearance on the side that needs to be cut, no sheds or anything else near it. Most of the branches needing cutting are easily accessible due to the foliage at the access area being dead.

Using a chainsaw on a ladder is highly dangerous & in serious breach of regulations. You know that if you cut into brown wood it won't grow back.

Hi,
    Any shoe shops have a sale at the moment?heading into town on Thurs to buy a pair.
    Cheers
    Pa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Does anyone know a good tree surgeon? I need a good trimming! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Does anyone know of a pub in city center that has traditional music session on a Tuesday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Tí Coilí.

Advertisement