Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Looking for someone to replace a zip in a heavy windsheeter type jacket.

Also, where can I buy cat food tin lids(plastic) the euro shops dont have them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Where is a good place to buy outdoor Xmas lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Bredabe wrote: »
    Looking for someone to replace a zip in a heavy windsheeter type jacket.

Also, where can I buy cat food tin lids(plastic) the euro shops dont have them.

Has the right name but I haven't used them

https://www.thezipyard.ie/store-locator/galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Where is a good place to buy outdoor Xmas lights?

A bit late to the game but I'd imagine Woodies, B&Q or Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭tphase

looking for Christmas tree candles. Usually get them in Wooden Heart on Quay St but they have none this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

I've just got a last minute request from the niece for Xmas, she would love one of these hats all of a sudden and sure while I'm in doing shopping tomorrow I can pick one up if they're around.
    I feel like I've seen these around, does anyone have any idea where I'd get one in Galway? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,902 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've just got a last minute request from the niece for Xmas, she would love one of these hats all of a sudden and sure while I'm in doing shopping tomorrow I can pick one up if they're around.
    I feel like I've seen these around, does anyone have any idea where I'd get one in Galway? Cheers

I saw some on a marhet stall in Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

I saw some on a marhet stall in Eyre Square.

That's great! Will have a look when I get in, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Anywhere selling Irish humour Christmas cards in the city or county?
    I'm thinking that a craft type place or pop up shop might have some.
    Not the place in the Eyre Sq centre or Easons.

Something along the lines of https://homebird.ie/ or https://www.hairybaby.com/accessories/greeting-cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

aw wrote: »
    Anywhere selling Irish humour Christmas cards in the city or county?
    I'm thinking that a craft type place or pop up shop might have some.
    Not the place in the Eyre Sq centre or Easons.

Something along the lines of https://homebird.ie/ or https://www.hairybaby.com/accessories/greeting-cards

Have you checked Judy Greene's? I have bought Irish humour cards there before, although they were not Christmas themed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Looking for a shed or garage to rent in January for a week or two to do some welding work on a campervan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Zviago have Christmas humour items, not sure about cards though.

flazio wrote: »
    Zviago have Christmas humour items, not sure about cards though.

I saw Irish Humour Christmas Cards in My Shop Granny Likes It in Upper Abbeygate Street today. They were at the back on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anyone know where I could find a bottle of strong Poitín in Galway? Something around the 60% alcohol range?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Anyone know we to pick up fondue gel pots?

Anyone know we to pick up fondue gel pots?

Anthony Ryan's Homestore usually have them.

If you can't find any, I have two that I don't need any time soon.

Anyone know a charity/group who take paper bags and news papers?

Anyone know a charity/group who take paper bags and news papers?

I have left paper bags into various charity shops, they are happy to take them.
    For newspapers try MADRA or a Vet. MADRA are looking for newspapers when they have lots of puppies and I have seen a sign at the entrance of Ark Vets looking for newspapers, but that was some time ago.

Trying to use a bit of the holiday to clear out most of our CDs. Most available on streaming so seems pointless to hang on to a couple crates of pressed silicon despite shelling out hundreds at the time.

I was thinking maybe Freecycle or SVP? Anyone know is there the interest in them still that I'll be able to give them away? If not, can the CDs or cases be recycled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm sure Madra will take them. They have shops in Furbo, Moycullen and Westside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

RichT wrote: »
    I'm sure Madra will take them. They have shops in Furbo, Moycullen and Westside.

Didn't know they had a shop out there, have a load of stuff to get rid of, so thanks for answering the question above. Any idea if they take clothes?

cefh17 wrote: »
    Didn't know they had a shop out there, have a load of stuff to get rid of, so thanks for answering the question above. Any idea if they take clothes?

They do. The MADRA shops have a Facebook page with photos, if you want to have a look. I don't think I'm allowed to post a link. They have books, DVDs, CDs, clothes, bric-a-brac, furniture....

BTW they are currently closed. Reopening on January 9th @11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Double edge razor blades
    These guys - 0001365_95-701-platinum-series-double-edge-razor-blades.jpeg

Used to be able to get them in boots in town but they dont stock them anymore, tried other boots and a few smaller pharmacy's in town. Anyone know where I can get them?

Hmm, it's really going to come down to a pharmacy and who knows what type of blades you'll get.

I order them from www.shaving.ie where you can get a sampler to find the best blade for you. Then pick up a 100 pack and you'll be set for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Hmm, it's really going to come down to a pharmacy and who knows what type of blades you'll get.

I order them from www.shaving.ie where you can get a sampler to find the best blade for you. Then pick up a 100 pack and you'll be set for the next few years.

Nice one, I see they have a sampler set and that will do me well. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Judging by your avatar, I'm not convinced :P

(And +1 for shaving.ie)

Where can I get a flip chart sized poster tube?, must be able to withstand 50 mins in January weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Where can I get a flip chart sized poster tube?, must be able to withstand 50 mins in January weather.
    I've a notion Powell's (upstairs) used to do them, but it's years since I've been up there. Failing that, I guess Eason's would be a decent shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I’m pretty sure the university print shop MediaLinn have them. They had the cardboard poster tubes just before Christmas and a few other options I think. Phone first to check (and make sure they are open over holidays) +353 (091) 492 350

• Advertisement

Kelly's Office Supplies. This what we use: http://shop.kellyofficesupplies.ie/storefront/Jakar-Heavy-Duty-Teletube-A0-Black-7304-P-20513#.XCk12e6nw0M

Advertisement