Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

xckjoo wrote: »
    Think this is the guy we've used a few times. Pleasure to deal with
    +1 for Flatpack Hero.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get audio equipment repaired...specifically old tape decks.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Looking for a good solicitor and engineer for buying a house....Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Looking for recommendations for the above from anyone that PERSONALLY used a company based in Galway. Items are of extreme emotional value and don't want accidents happening.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

dok_golf wrote: »
    Looking for recommendations for the above from anyone that PERSONALLY used a company based in Galway. Items are of extreme emotional value and don't want accidents happening.

Laptech are very helpful

Be Bold. Be brave, Be Courageous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Quick bit of research and I found this. A bit of motivation goes a long way

https://super8ireland.com/transfers.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAyrXiBRAjEiwATI95mWDy9BVNqXLaotDvTn2ionxDDFqBGpz5Ul9QAsXqahpS2Zmz7lUMRxoCKnoQAvD_BwE

Quick bit of research and I found this. A bit of motivation goes a long way

https://super8ireland.com/transfers.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAyrXiBRAjEiwATI95mWDy9BVNqXLaotDvTn2ionxDDFqBGpz5Ul9QAsXqahpS2Zmz7lUMRxoCKnoQAvD_BwE

You've used them personally? Any issues with them? Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 25,902 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Laptech are very helpful

PM sent to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Thanks Biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭yayaitsme

So I pulled the door off the oven, accidentally of course. Any recommendations for someone to repair it? Thanks

You've used them personally? Any issues with them? Ta

Anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

yayaitsme wrote: »
    So I pulled the door off the oven, accidentally of course. Any recommendations for someone to repair it? Thanks

I've used Conboys (their New Road shop) to replace the glass on my oven door a while ago.

But before running off to pay someone, you might be able to fix it yourself. Most kitchen appliance doors are reversible. Not sure what's broken, but you can usually swap the hinges from one side of the door to another so that it now opens the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anything?

They're in Woodquay?

I've used them and they were quick and reasonably priced.

Guffy wrote: »
    They're in Woodquay?

I've used them and they were quick and reasonably priced.

You replying to the Video conversion question? Who is in Woodquay? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

You replying to the Video conversion question? Who is in Woodquay? Thanks

Lapteck are beside mcswiggans in woodquay. I found them good the two times I've used them. You will need to talk to them yourself if you're looking for reassurance on an emotional project.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,879 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I struggle to find nice cards & wrapping paper without having to go into the city centre especially now that Happy Days has closed - such a useful shop.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DeclanH

Anybody PM me recommendations for a tiler who has experience doing a good job tiling a fireplace. Galway area. Thanks

Anybody able to recommend a good place to do a cookery course? Preferably with a bit of hands on work, not just watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Discodog wrote: »
    I struggle to find nice cards & wrapping paper without having to go into the city centre especially now that Happy Days has closed - such a useful shop.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Maybe try Dealz in the Galway Shopping Centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Tesco haven't a big selection, but do have some nice stuff.
    Isn't there an easons in Galway sc now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mr.legohead

Does anybody know of any pharmacies/shops That sell 'Crest 3D White Whitestrips'.

Heres a link to what Im talking About
    https://
    crest.com/en-us/products/whitestrips/crest-3d-white-luxe-professional-effects-whitestrips-teeth-whitening-kit

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

I have a couple of packs of almost full nappies, obviously unused, that my baby has outgrown. I was going to throw them in the bin but was wondering is there somewhere I can give them so that that could go to someone in need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

b.gud wrote: »
    I have a couple of packs of almost full nappies, obviously unused, that my baby has outgrown. I was going to throw them in the bin but was wondering is there somewhere I can give them so that that could go to someone in need
    Nice gesture.
    How about the asylum centre in eglington hotel Salthill, or the women’s refuge Waterside near the courthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Where can we get organic beef or lambs liver?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

b.gud wrote: »

Freecycle.org or trashnothing you should be able to find someone in need to take them

Bredabe wrote: »
    Where can we get organic beef or lambs liver?

Probably best to give your local butchers a shout and see if they can advise. They might not stock it normally but if their supplier produces it they might be able to order it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Hi all,

Looking for somewhere to have my friends Hen party. Everyone is above 30 bar 1 or 2. We're interested in doing a cocktail class and then having a meal. We're booked into a hotel but they're pretty anti any fun. The most we want is a few balloons, decorations, the opportunity to drink reasonably priced prosecco, eat cake and cackle. We're not the types to have fake willies strapped to our heads...our hen isn't like that. Any help greatly appreciated. We're thinking of getting to some venue around 5 pm for a cocktail class after we have an activity in Galway city in the afternoon.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Hi all,

Looking for somewhere to have my friends Hen party. Everyone is above 30 bar 1 or 2. We're interested in doing a cocktail class and then having a meal. We're booked into a hotel but they're pretty anti any fun. The most we want is a few balloons, decorations, the opportunity to drink reasonably priced prosecco, eat cake and cackle. We're not the types to have fake willies strapped to our heads...our hen isn't like that. Any help greatly appreciated. We're thinking of getting to some venue around 5 pm for a cocktail class after we have an activity in Galway city in the afternoon.

TIA

The House Hotel near the Docks/merchants rd./ Flood Street host cocktail hen classes, or at least they used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi all,

TIA

The G of happy to pay top dollar & not be city centre. It's v fancy, great decor, something special.

Advertisement