Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Aloe Vera gel anyone? Most likely in boots but would love confirmation if anyone knows.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Aloe Vera gel anyone? Most likely in boots but would love confirmation if anyone knows.

Cheers

Fairly sure I've seen that in Evergreen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bredabe

b.gud wrote: »
    Fairly sure I've seen that in Evergreen
    Bough a tube in the west side branch last weekend.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

JohnCleary wrote: »

Cheers

I'd say you'd get it in any of the healthfood shops and most pharmacies. I definitely saw it upstairs in Evergreens on Mainguard Street about a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Anyone know where I can get cracked and broken stove bricks replaced in the city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

bobbyss wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get cracked and broken stove bricks replaced in the city?

Mcdonaghs hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Anywhere in town sell circuit breadboards and components?

Ficheall wrote: »
    Anywhere in town sell circuit breadboards and components?

You might bet some hobby type stuff somewhere local, but ordering from Farnell or RS are your best bet since Maplin closed. Think they've free next-day delivery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Can anyone recommend a good Orthopedic in one of the private clinics who deals with foot injuries, please don't mention Mr Kearns as I don't want to wait a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good Orthopedic in one of the private clinics who deals with foot injuries, please don't mention Mr Kearns as I don't want to wait a year.

Spectrum foot clinic on prospect hill looked after me well when I had plantir falititis last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Walker Healthcare

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

We have a Laura Ashley couch (3 and 2 seater) , looking to get it re covered. Laura Ashley quoted €1,600 roughly, which is outrageous.

Looking for a company that offer that service at a reasonable price.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭weshtawake

I have a double glazed bedroom window. It fell to the ground last week and while the frame is intact one of the glass windows has broken. Can anyone recommend where I could get the glass replaced/repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

dinneenp wrote: »
    We have a Laura Ashley couch (3 and 2 seater) , looking to get it re covered. Laura Ashley quoted €1,600 roughly, which is outrageous.

Thanks

It often seems more expensive to recover existing furniture than to just buy another in today's throwaway culture. Check the classifieds in the back of the advertiser for private alteration services and make some calls. It will probably still be expensive but easily less than half what you were quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Somewhere that gives a good back massage in Galway city ?

Where to get a catering quality/sized deep fat fryer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

dinneenp wrote: »

Thanks

The bean bag shop in Lisbaun industrial estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Bredabe wrote: »
    Where to get a catering quality/sized deep fat fryer?

Tommy Varden's. I presume they're still in Riverside.

Tommy Varden's. I presume they're still in Riverside.
    They are, their stock page doesn't show DFF's at all.

Bredabe wrote: »
    They are, their stock page doesn't show DFF's at all.

Call them. They're a professional catering supplier. If they don't have it they'll know where to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Strange. They must do them. Probably under some other 'technical' name. Give 'em a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

I’d highly recommend Regina Flannagan on Flood Street. I have no affiliation but went to her before Christmas for the first time and she was amazing. She’s more of a sports massage therapist rather than a salon type massage - I didn’t have an injury, just tension in my back and shoulders which she did a fantastic job unknotting!
    Also, as an FYI, you can claim money back on your health insurance, depending on the insurer/small print. I’m with Irish Life and claimed back half :-)
    Andrew00 wrote: »
    Somewhere that gives a good back massage in Galway city ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

With the running shop in Oranmore gone, where now is the best place to get a gait analysis done for a new runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

Somewhere to safely park a bike in town?

Guffy wrote: »
    Somewhere to safely park a bike in town?

For daytime use? I'd just use one of the racks at the edges of the pedestrianised areas. Dunno of anything more secure or covered. Passing footfall is probably the best security you'll find (after your lock of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Looking for marbles. Mr Price has them but they are of varied size and somewhat dull. Anyone know where I can get a bigger selection?

The butchers in Lower Salthill?(the part closer to the city than beach), seems to have closed. Anyone know anything about this?
    I have visitor's for easter who loved their sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Looking for electrician for simple domestic jobs who is willing to travel to Headford area

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Are there any Hotels that allow family membership for swimming only. No interest in Gym membership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Are there any Hotels that allow family membership for swimming only. No interest in Gym membership

I think the Ardilaun Hotel might

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement