Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Glenina veterinary clinic in renmore had an ad on Facebook for pet acupuncture last week I think

https://www.facebook.com/147040685357637/posts/2285979168130434/
    Thanks so much for that, I got her an appointment! :)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Any currency exchange places other than Banks, Credit Unions or Post Office where I could get 100 Polish Zloty today?

Main places take up to a week to order.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Any currency exchange places other than Banks, Credit Unions or Post Office where I could get 100 Polish Zloty today?

Main places take up to a week to order.

Try Foodland or Polonaise, you might get lucky there. They have mostly Polish staff who may have some home currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

My CU usually provides currency following day or day after. But you need to have an account with them. There was a FX in Debinhams, first floor I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

My daughter going to Irish college in colaiste Lurgan for 3 weeks in July. Looking to stay somewhere local for 5 or 6 days with the family to visit her and take in the sights of the area and maybe Aran islands. Any suggestions on accommodation or things to do. Not really looking at the city area. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You should probably ask in the County forum.

Acc, check daft https://www.daft.ie/galway/holiday-homes/connemara/?searchSource=holidayhomes

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

My daughter going to Irish college in colaiste Lurgan for 3 weeks in July. Looking to stay somewhere local for 5 or 6 days with the family to visit her and take in the sights of the area and maybe Aran islands. Any suggestions on accommodation or things to do. Not really looking at the city area. Thanks in advance.

try imagineireland.com for lettings. probably need to look at staying a week in a property at that time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Need a flipchart and stand, preferably landscape A0. Will check Easons and Powells next time I'm in town, but other suggestions also welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Ficheall wrote: »
    Need a flipchart and stand, preferably landscape A0. Will check Easons and Powells next time I'm in town, but other suggestions also welcome.

Kelly Office supplies? They're where the Claddagh Palace used to be if that means anything to you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Corrib Village, which accommodates the NUIG students during term, let's out their apartments during the summer. They are fairly basic but clean and good value. They are on the west side of the city which is handy for touring Connemara. They also do a free bus into town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

cocoman wrote: »
    Corrib Village, which accommodates the NUIG students during term, let's out their apartments during the summer. They are fairly basic but clean and good value. They are on the west side of the city which is handy for touring Connemara. They also do a free bus into town.

There's plenty of other student accomodations that let out for the summer and aren't third world. I'd recommend avoiding Corrib Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Im not sure im in right forum. Im back in Galway after being in Spain for last six months. i was trying to get a quote for car insurance today but to no avail because my car has no NCT. My problem is I cant even drive my car to garage, so I am looking for someone in galway to collect my car, get it ready for NCT and drive it to NCT centre. Im hoping to find somone with reasonable price range.

Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated. I know I may be asking a lot.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Im not sure im in right forum. Im back in Galway after being in Spain for last six months. i was trying to get a quote for car insurance today but to no avail because my car has no NCT. My problem is I cant even drive my car to garage, so I am looking for someone in galway to collect my car, get it ready for NCT and drive it to NCT centre. Im hoping to find somone with reasonable price range.

Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated. I know I may be asking a lot.

Can't help directly, but I went through something similar a few years ago with the whole insurance-NCT catch22. Can't remember the full details, but went through insurance broker (Lynsky Ryan) and it was possible to get the insurance as long as I got the NCT cert submitted to them within x amount of time. Worth a try maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Anyone know where I'd get a tent pole replaced/repaired? It's in the middle of a series of poles on a cross pole so I'm guessing the elastic would have to be replaced as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Im looking for a bar to watch Spurs v Man city champ league game tonight. preferably east side of town or town itself??

Thanks

Anyone know where I'd get a tent pole replaced/repaired? It's in the middle of a series of poles on a cross pole so I'm guessing the elastic would have to be replaced as well.

Probably easiest just to replace the whole lot. Ask in the outdoor shops

Give me the dimensions of the broken pole. The elastic doesn't have to be cut and is easy if you have the piece. What brand of tent are you using?

Give me the dimensions of the broken pole. The elastic doesn't have to be cut and is easy if you have the piece. What brand of tent are you using?
    It's 24inches/61cm. It's the 4th pole in series of 9. The brand is Gelert

It's 24inches/61cm. It's the 4th pole in series of 9. The brand is Gelert

Can you figure the thickness?

Looking for a small volume(will be holding one word doc) usb for under 10e, 5e if possible.
    Ive tried all the usual suspects, any ideas if i can find them here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Bredabe wrote: »
    Looking for a small volume(will be holding one word doc) usb for under 10e, 5e if possible.
    Ive tried all the usual suspects, any ideas if i can find them here?

They are as cheap as €7.99 for a decently sized 16GB USB flash drive in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Any recommendations for someone to power wash a 2 story house and surrounding walls.

Hoping to get the outside of the house painted soon. has not been painted for a few years.

Also, rough idea of cost?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

paulgalway wrote: »
    Any recommendations for someone to power wash a 2 story house and surrounding walls.

Hoping to get the outside of the house painted soon. has not been painted for a few years.

Also, rough idea of cost?

TIA

I'll send you a PM. To powerwash a detached 2 storey and surrounding wall would be approx 200 euro. ( that would include fungicide application)

Can you figure the thickness?
    Sorry, took me til yesterday to get back up in the attic! It’s 10mm approx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Any idea where to get large rolls of this? I want to pack away things in the attic which are fairly fragile. Thanks.

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Any idea where to get large rolls of this? I want to pack away things in the attic which are fairly fragile. Thanks.
    Mr Price in Terry land has some last week, Argos as well as part of their packaging package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Caulfield Industrial, at the Oranmore shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

https://www.storage.ie/home-storage/shop-special/
    Bubble wrap -100 metre roll €27.50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Sticky Back Plastic Self Adhesive Vinyl Wrap 1m x 1m

(Need to fix a babys changing mat with a new cover)

• Advertisement

Sticky Back Plastic Self Adhesive Vinyl Wrap 1m x 1m

(Need to fix a babys changing mat with a new cover)

B&Q. Probably Woodies too but B&Q definitely have it.

Advertisement