Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

xckjoo wrote: »
    B&Q. Probably Woodies too but B&Q definitely have it.

Thanks. Will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking for a reliable and honest mechanic in Galway city for servicing/NCT repairs etc. Anyone recommend someone that they've had some good experience with? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

-Vega- wrote: »
    Looking for a reliable and honest mechanic in Galway city for servicing/NCT repairs etc. Anyone recommend someone that they've had some good experience with? thanks :)

Kilduff's in nuns island opposite the Bish. Genuine and very reliable. Need to book ahead though, always busy. Servicing our two cars for the last four or five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

X2 on kilduffs

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Funny enough, my mother recommended that exact same garage and I was only put off it because of as you guys said.. the waiting time. But after that double comment I think I'll give them a call. Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Where can I recycle a used? computer battery?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

-Vega- wrote: »

After the first NCT, I brought mine to Farrells on St Brendans Ave.
    Got it serviced and a few parts replaced.
    I brought my own parts.
    They were good and went through all the work they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I've a messy NTL cable on the front of the house that people keep pulling on walking past. Anyone know where I'd get something like the metal conduits they use on phone poles? Has to be open on one side as the wire is attached at both ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I've a messy NTL cable on the front of the house that people keep pulling on walking past. Anyone know where I'd get something like the metal conduits they use on phone poles? Has to be open on one side as the wire is attached at both ends.

If it's NTL\UPC\Virgin property, ring them and explain you need them to sort it before it gets damaged.

If you put it there? then you will have to sort it yourself.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Any recommendations for a hardwood (semi -solid) floor sander and painting contractor?

• Advertisement

If it's NTL\UPC\Virgin property, ring them and explain you need them to sort it before it gets damaged.

If you put it there? then you will have to sort it yourself.

Have you ever tried ringing Virgin? 6 hours on hold and a week to sit at home waiting for an engineer that might show up and will definitely try to fob me off with some crap. They're the useless ducks who installed it badly in the first place so would be foolish to repeat the same mistake. My time is too valuable to me.

I am trying to sort it myself. That's the whole reason for my post. You seem very salty about it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Have you ever tried ringing Virgin? 6 hours on hold and a week to sit at home waiting for an engineer that might show up and will definitely try to fob me off with some crap. They're the useless ducks who installed it badly in the first place so would be foolish to repeat the same mistake. My time is too valuable to me.

I am trying to sort it myself. That's the whole reason for my post. You seem very salty about it :confused:

They're trying to give you advise, calm down. If this is not your property, it's not your problem. I'd be doing what the other poster said and contacting Virgin (for what it's worth, i've never had a problem with their support, but I have a direct line to them)

If you answered the other posters question (who put it there), you get more useful information. People are trying to help you FFS.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    They're trying to give you advise, calm down. If this is not your property, it's not your problem. I'd be doing what the other poster said and contacting Virgin (for what it's worth, i've never had a problem with their support, but I have a direct line to them)

If you answered the other posters question (who put it there), you get more useful information. People are trying to help you FFS.

Can I have that number?

I'm perfectly calm. It's Gadgetman that seems to be getting worked up (and you now for some reason). The only info I want is where to find the thing I asked for. Telling me " If you put it there? then you will have to sort it yourself." isn't helpful in the slightest and is at the very least condescending. I wasn't asking for someone else to push the work onto. The advise about getting onto Virgin is fair, but I outlined the reasons it's not viable in my original response. Was the language too abrupt? Apologies for that, it was first thing in the morning and I didn't appreciate being told to "do it yourself" considering "doing it myself" was literally the reason I posted here. A simple "I don't know where you'd get something like that" would have been more productive and "helpful".

Edit: Should have thrown in a few smilies or something in the rant about Virgin. It was firmly aimed at them Gadgetman, not you so apologies if it read that way. They've been nothing but torturous to deal with any time I've had to call. Luckily John is going to give me a number now that'll sort things right out :D

My O/H tried to put together a computer desk for me, he made a mistake with the planks of wood for the top(where the computer rests)
    there is a gap in the assembly just where the computer sits. I'm not sure what type of person I'm looking for but,

Anyone know where I can find someone reasonably priced to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Bredabe wrote: »
    My O/H tried to put together a computer desk for me, he made a mistake with the planks of wood for the top(where the computer rests)
    there is a gap in the assembly just where the computer sits. I'm not sure what type of person I'm looking for but,

Anyone know where I can find someone reasonably priced to fix this?

If it was just a flat pack desk as long as he didn't go cutting anything just take it apart and put back together properly.

If it was just a flat pack desk as long as he didn't go cutting anything just take it apart and put back together properly.

Yes, it was a flat pack, Im not able to unscrew the ones in place and it may need additional wood, so I was looking for someone cheaper than buying a new one to sort it(most desks are too low for me, this one once fixed is perfect)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Looking for a bronze mono sink/mixer tap. tried B&Q, Chadwicks, Heat Merchant, Woodies, DPL- all would have to order them. 4

dinneenp wrote: »
    Looking for a bronze mono sink/mixer tap. tried B&Q, Chadwicks, Heat Merchant, Woodies, DPL- all would have to order them. 4

Higgins's in Shantalla and Caulfields on the Tuam Road are the only other places I can think of that you haven't mentioned. No idea if they'll have what you need though. Oh, long shot but Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Did you try both Woodies? (Headford road and Wellpark)

dinneenp wrote: »

Try "Bathroom World" above "Classic Tiles" in Liosbaun Estate.
    http://www.bathroomworldgalway.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone know where to get 12x5 photo frames in Galway? To fit 12x5 photos rather than 12x5 overall. Thanks!

jenno86 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get 12x5 photo frames in Galway? To fit 12x5 photos rather than 12x5 overall. Thanks!

Just the frames or are the photos to be framed? If the latter, try Ray on Domnick Street. Can't remember the name of the actual shop right now :D. If the former, try Davitt Photo in Salthill or maybe the likes of Woodies.

Bog standard, ble, 3 strand nylon rope.

But, needs to be at least 18mm diameter

Bog standard, ble, 3 strand nylon rope.

But, needs to be at least 18mm diameter

Have you tried the usual suspects? Most hardware stores have a rope selection. I'd try the proper ones like Caulfield and MacDonaghs before Woodies. Actually I'd try Tripart->Caulfields->MacDonaghs->Other. One of them will have it or know where to get it.

Have you tried the usual suspects? Most hardware stores have a rope selection. I'd try the proper ones like Caulfield and MacDonaghs before Woodies. Actually I'd try Tripart->Caulfields->MacDonaghs->Other. One of them will have it or know where to get it.

Tripart will be my first port of call in a while, thanks. Just thought i'd ask here incase anyone had spotted it anywhere in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Tripart will be my first port of call in a while, thanks. Just thought i'd ask here incase anyone had spotted it anywhere in particular.

Chandlers on Merchants' Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi Guys
    Bought a house last year with a pump to supply water pressure to the second floor.
    At the moment it's no longer cutting in and out and will stay running constantly if not plugged out.
    Anyone know of any water pump repairs/suppliers/plumbers that know this kind of system?
    Based in Loughrea

?Cee?view wrote: »

Good thinking but no joy.

Nowhere had 18mm, plenty had 12mm.

To eBay it is....

?Cee?view wrote: »

Good thinking but no joy.

Nowhere had 18mm, plenty had 12mm.

To eBay it is....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Bought a house last year with a pump to supply water pressure to the second floor.
    At the moment it's no longer cutting in and out and will stay running constantly if not plugged out.
    Anyone know of any water pump repairs/suppliers/plumbers that know this kind of system?
    Based in Loughrea

Sounds like your pump is fine and it might be an electrician you need to check the thermostat or equivalent.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement