Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Bought a house last year with a pump to supply water pressure to the second floor.
    At the moment it's no longer cutting in and out and will stay running constantly if not plugged out.
    Anyone know of any water pump repairs/suppliers/plumbers that know this kind of system?
    Based in Loughrea

Ian Pomphrett ( Poms plumbing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Need to get a window seat made . Do I need an upholsterer or a carpenter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I could be wrong but I would strongly guess you need a carpenter. We had one made a couple years ago then just went to Argos and spent 10 quid on patio bench cushions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Looking for a reliable plumber. Not a huge job, but needs someone competent.
    You can PM me if we're not allowed post names

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Looking for a reliable plumber. Not a huge job, but needs someone competent.
    You can PM me if we're not allowed post names

Ian Pomphrett, Poms Plumbing 087 7580179

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Post a pic? If ya need an upholsterer, not in Galway City just outside it but there is a fella the Galway City side beside the TOP Petrol Station in Furbo who is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Anywhere apart from Halfords that sells roof boxes and bars? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Argos I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Post a pic? If ya need an upholsterer, not in Galway City just outside it but there is a fella the Galway City side beside the TOP Petrol Station in Furbo who is very good.

Celtic blinds in Lisbaun are excellent also.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

Hi , last night someone keyed/ scratched front panel of my car , now im hoping to get it repaired reasonably costwise, if anyone has any recomendations in city or west of city, i would appreciate it. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Where could I find cotton, collar in reveres ladies pj's? usual suspects either dont have the size or only have crew collars.
    also, where to get a decent(not polyester) business/interview type two piece ladies suit?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Bredabe wrote: »
    Where could I find cotton, collar in reveres ladies pj's? usual suspects either dont have the size or only have crew collars.
    also, where to get a decent(not polyester) business/interview type two piece ladies suit?

I would try M & S for both. They don’t have huge selection of stuff in the Galway store but you can look online and have them order it in the store with no obligation to buy. Anthony Ryans is the other place i’d look

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looking for someone to spray-foam a large shed (approx. 80ft x 30ft) - Any contact details much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Would anyone have a number for a good carpenter?

Solicitors who are good at family law and property inheritance issues, any rec's?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Bredabe wrote: »
    Solicitors who are good at family law and property inheritance issues, any rec's?

Paschal mullery in woodquay is good.

Recommendations for a good educational psychologist based in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Anywhere that does afternoon tea aside from The G and the Merrick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The Ardilaun does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

The Raddison used to - maybe double check they stil do now that it’s the Gslmont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Glenlo Abbey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Clybaun knocknacara

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Maybe check out http://www.corribhouse.com/tea-rooms/
    Might suit your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Harbour Hotel.
    Dillisk on the Docks. Looks nice.

https://www.harbour.ie/en/afternoon-tea-galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Looking for reasonable / cheap / decent Cobbler / Shoe-Repairs Shop. Need to get bit of shoe glued to keep me going for a couple of weeks until I buy new pair...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Looking for reasonable / cheap / decent Cobbler / Shoe-Repairs Shop. Need to get bit of shoe glued to keep me going for a couple of weeks until I buy new pair...

Cobblers on Sea Road (can't think of the name)? There's also a few cobbler/locksmith combo shops around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Thank you xckjoo will check those out. Yeah have looked it up and there seems to be loads alright but I kinda wanted confirmation to try determine who's closed and who's still open for business. I rang a valet crowd the other day to see how much they charged for Car Wash. He answered alright but informed me the business had closed years ago! :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Thank you xckjoo will check those out. Yeah have looked it up and there seems to be loads alright but I kinda wanted confirmation to try determine who's closed and who's still open for business. I rang a valet crowd the other day to see how much they charged for Car Wash. He answered alright but informed me the business had closed years ago! :D:o

I know how that goes :D
    Almost certain the guys on Sea Road are still open. It's owned by a deaf couple though so no point in ringing to check :pac:. Then there's a cobbler/locksmith on Abbeygate St, opposite Gourmet Tart. After that I get less sure what's still there. Think there's still combo shops in Corbett Court and in Galway Shopping centre near the entrance closest to Tesco. But they could both be gone. There was also a cobblers in Mervue for donkeys years, but he's probably by now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,526 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Edmunds in town just off shop street

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sea road definitely still open, was in recently, reasonably priced too.

Advertisement