Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Pretty sure I saw them in homestore yesterday.

Cheers man. Checked the website and they have them. Always forget about that place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm looking for a plasterer (that doesn't charge an arm and a leg) , east side of the city.
    Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a plasterer (that doesn't charge an arm and a leg) , east side of the city.
    Thanks,
    Pa

what you need?
    pm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,879 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anyway west of the City with a good selection of birthday cards, wrapping etc ?
    I miss Happy Days next to Tescos.

Discodog wrote: »

Mr Price have a good selection of cards or dealz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ive never felt robbed in smyths buying birthday cards tbh

Guffy wrote: »
    Ive never felt robbed in smyths buying birthday cards tbh

I not worried about price - just ease of parking :)

Do the toyshops sell cards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

I not worried about price - just ease of parking :)

Do the toyshops sell cards ?

Smyths does. Cards, wrapping paper and gift cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

The newsagent in Westside Shopping Centre has a really good selection of cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The newsagent in Westside Shopping Centre has a really good selection of cards.

Yep, that's my go-with with a great selection. There's also Mr. Price across the way which can be handy for cards, balloons, and party stuff. Between them you'll be set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

emzippy wrote: »
    Hi All, I am looking for a recommendation for a good financial advisor in Galway. Thanks!
    We have used HC Financial Services in Oranmore for the last decade or so.

Any recommendation for silver jewelry alteration/repairs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Any recommendation for silver jewelry alteration/repairs ?

O'Connells on Abbeygate street. Think that's the name anyway. They're on the first floor of the Century Building. Think it's Vanda Luddy's Art Gallery that's opposite the door now but I've lost track of what shops are where on that street so might be wrong. It's in the area with Halo, Vanda Luddy Art Gallery and the Lighthouse cafe.

Edit: Here's a previous thread on the topic. Might help find the place. The other place mentioned (Richard Quinns) is gone now but Dave is still in Tempo Antiques if you need some help
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056824687

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GotBainne?

Hi,

I am looking for a home tutor to work with my young son who has been recently diagnosed with dyslexia.

Thanks.
    G.B.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

GotBainne? wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a home tutor to work with my young son who has been recently diagnosed with dyslexia.

Thanks.
    G.B.

Have you been in contact with Dyslexia Ireland?, they have a list of dyslexia trained tutors for each county. You can find them on fb.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GotBainne?

Hi,

I checked out their Facebook page and their website but could not see the list, I will call them tomorrow about it.

If possible, however, I was hoping to get a recommendation of an experienced tutor in Galway. So if anyone knows someone they could recommend I would appreciate it :)

GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for car dealers that sell UK imports with VRT completed.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,074 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not dealt with them directly but M6 motors outside Ballinasloe seems to be the go to place for car sourcing.

Where would have the biggest selection of lightbulbs. I am looking for an unusually high wattage.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Where is the best value place to get high resolution prints done? Want to print out a large image for framed posters / canvas.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

-Vega- wrote: »
    Where is the best value place to get high resolution prints done? Want to print out a large image for framed posters / canvas.

Thanks!

Within Galway I've used Davitt in Salthill & Cantec print.

Many people use http://360-dpi.com/, based in Bray. They post, Steve from 360 is on boards.

Where would have the biggest selection of lightbulbs. I am looking for an unusually high wattage.

Pure guess, but Peter Curran Electric in Ballbane? Or maybe CT Electric on Sean Mulvoy Road. Depending on the type of bulb and what you're needing for you might also find an LED substitute. Much lower wattage for the same light output. I'd guess one of those shops would be able to help

Within Galway I've used Davitt.

+1 for Davitt. Good quality and service. Not just firing out prints

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Within Galway I've used Davitt in Salthill & Cantec print.

Many people use http://360-dpi.com/, based in Bray. They post, Steve from 360 is on boards.

Thank for the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for car dealers that sell UK imports with VRT completed.

Thanks

I bought my last car from Woodland motors, between Oranmore and Claregalway. The majority of their cars are UK imports and any price they give you will include VRT

Hi,
    Looking for dog kennels, ideally on east side of the city.

Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Usually stock up on meat in heaneys in the meat sale but they haven’t had one in a while... get a decent tub of 20 chicken fillets for €20..... anywhere else that do deals on meat in the city ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

ArtyC wrote: »
    Usually stock up on meat in heaneys in the meat sale but they haven’t had one in a while... get a decent tub of 20 chicken fillets for €20..... anywhere else that do deals on meat in the city ?

Keep an eye on McGrath in mervue

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Hi,
    Looking for dog kennels, ideally on east side of the city.

Thanks,
    Pa

An actual physical kennel for a dog to live in, or a place to mind a dog when you are away on holidays?

• Advertisement

aw wrote: »
    An actual physical kennel for a dog to live in, or a place to mind a dog when you are away on holidays?

My bad, a kennel for while we're away.
    Thanks.

Advertisement