Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Someone to re-align a satellite dish , oranmore area

Pat Connaughton.
    www.galwaysat.com

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Boot of 2012 Ford Focus hatchback is letting in water. Seems to be off kilter. Having trouble getting someone to have a look as a few have said it would be a pain in the a$$ looking for it..
    Anyone any suggestions?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For anything related to cars, ask in Motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

matt360 wrote: »
    Boot of 2012 Ford Focus hatchback is letting in water. Seems to be off kilter. Having trouble getting someone to have a look as a few have said it would be a pain in the a$$ looking for it..
    Anyone any suggestions?
    Thanks

https://youtu.be/hapb7A6dlsc
    Seems to be a known problem. If you can confirm it's this yourself looks like it's a diy job. Or if you can tell the garage where the problem is you are more likely to get a price on a fix.

Chasing down leaks and other similar issues can be very time consuming and hard to charge the same hourly rate as you would for routine jobs like servicing and brakes at a so could be why you had trouble finding some one to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

biko wrote: »
    For anything related to cars, ask in Motors forum.

Using that logic, would it be the same for anyone looking for a good painter, plumber, carpenter etc in Galway?

What are the odds of someone down in Kerry knowing a good spot in Galway for sourcing and repairing leaks in cars?

I'd imagine the OP was looking for local knowledge specifically?

I see little logic in referring them to a nationwide thread.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

matt360 wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions?
    Thanks

I used Higgins Bros once for an insurance claim. The place might seem shut when you approach it, but as far as I know they're still in business.

https://goo.gl/maps/U4yCmx1DTbrtwtFY8

I'm sure there are other bodyshop places that do that type of repair if your garage won't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd imagine the OP was looking for local knowledge specifically?
    I see little logic in referring them to a nationwide thread.
    The logic is that the people in the motors forum will have car knowledge and might be able to help OP better than some people that just happen to be in the same region.
    There are people from Galway in Motors too, and they are car enthusiasts with good scope of local mechanics.
    Anyway, Motors is there OP if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Ah, I think that's just a symptom of when you mostly contribute as a moderator then a one-line suggestion can sound like a command. Obviously good advice to check the other forum as long as asking here too is permitted.

Washing machine repairs? East side preferably

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭obi604

obi604 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a Car Valet company in Galway?
    Looking to do the full works.

any other recommendations here?

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by obi604 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a Car Valet company in Galway?
    Looking to do the full works.

any other recommendations here?

Have you checked HERE: ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭obi604

Have you checked HERE: ;)

LOL, how is someone in Cork supposed to know about Car valet in Galway :))

LOL, how is someone in Cork supposed to know about Car valet in Galway :))

Fair enough :D

Have you looked at these?

https://coolwavescarwash.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Is there anywhere I can buy toulouse sausage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Ludikrus wrote: »

Mccambridges have a range of prepacked sausages in their fridges on back wall. Think I’ve bought Toulouse sausage there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Local carpenter build and install custom Under stairs storage/shelving. PM would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Fairly sure Sheridan's have these too.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Decent computer repair shop/technician around the Headford Rd/Liosban area?
    It's a software issue (wireless adaptor).

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Looking for recommendations for guitar teacher in Galway, east side preferable and daytime lessons would be ideal. Absolute beginner looking to learn acoustic/folk.

Looking for a second hand store around galway. The one i used to drop bits off too in oranmore had closed. Need somewhere with easy access and parking if possible! Have books and baby equipment to get rid off. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Irish Cancer Society, Merchants' Road. Pull up outside the door.

Simon, Sea Road. Also, pull up outside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Vincent de Paul in Westside. Huge car park outside. It's where Aldi, Mr Price and the Post Office are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Has anyone seen a recycle bank/bin that takes quilts? I've seen one, but I cant remember where.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Don't know of a recycle bank, but Simon are currently looking for quilts (if they are decent) otherwise MADRA will take them for dog bedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lorikeet111

Hi, can anyone recommend where to get private as in 121 adult swimming lessons in Galway that doesn't require being a member of that gym/hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Friend was using a lady instructor in the Clayton.
    He said she was great and he is not a member there.

If that info is any use to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Pistachio

PM'd you Rollo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Bit specific, but has anyone seen metal mixing bowls with the measurements on the inside of them? Tried the homestoreandmore and Anthony Ryans websites but no luck.

Something like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭flazio

xckjoo wrote: »
    Bit specific, but has anyone seen metal mixing bowls with the measurements on the inside of them? Tried the homestoreandmore and Anthony Ryans websites but no luck.

Something like these.
    Any good?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8479444/Trail/searchtext>Bowls.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

flazio wrote: »
    Yes! Thanks for that. Wouldn't mind but I checked Argos after the original post. Must not have searched very well :o
    Wonder would the non-slip bottoms be safe to use in a double boiler setup so I don't have to switch bowls.

Advertisement