Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

saw these in tk maxx today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Washing machine repairs other than Conboys? Found one or two on Facebook but they have very poor reviews. Hoping someone has somebody they can recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Des Kavanagh Electrical helped me out on several occasions. Hes on the Clybaun Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Anyone know somewhere in galway that stocks goddard silver polishing cloths? Tesco have it in a bottle but not the cloths.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Anywhere that will iron shirts?
    The shirts have been washed already.

East City/Oranmore/Athenry ideally.

Have googled and found 2 old websites, not sure if still active.
    pressed4time and another down near Headford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

aw wrote: »
    Anywhere that will iron shirts?
    The shirts have been washed already.

East City/Oranmore/Athenry ideally.

Have googled and found 2 old websites, not sure if still active.
    pressed4time and another down near Headford.

I've had the place in the shopping centre in Oranmore take some shirts for pressing for me. The little cubby just under the stairs outside Joyces.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Rolllo wrote: »
    Anyone know somewhere in galway that stocks goddard silver polishing cloths? Tesco have it in a bottle but not the cloths.
    Maybe Anthony Ryan’s home store?

Des Kavanagh Electrical helped me out on several occasions. Hes on the Clybaun Road.
    Thanks for that. He called out today and was excellent. Would definitely recommend to anyone else looking for a repair guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Maybe Anthony Ryan’s home store?

Thanks that's a good shout, would never have thought of looking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Hi All
    I am looking to get a plumber to replace some radiators. Just want someone to go in do the job at a reasonable price that is genuine and comes recommended by people. I have googled etc but as with many things peoples friends can give great reviews also so i am hoping for honest replies which is why i am asking here. I am in Galway city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭bobbyss

A Golden Pages. Anyone know where I might be able to pick one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭flazio

bobbyss wrote: »

Are they even allowed anymore under GRDP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

bobbyss wrote: »
    If the local big po cant help, I message them through their sm, which is at the bottom of goldenpages.ie, has always worked for me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The Golden Pages. As in a telephone directory. They used to be delivered to houses free. I need one.

GRDP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭martin6651

I'm sure there's one in most homes on a shelve. I have 2015/16 and 2016/17 if you want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭motley

bobbyss wrote:

You can still get phone book in your nearest Eir store. Not sure if it includes Golden Pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bredabe wrote: »
    Im looking for a print* from computer/usb place, my usual place has closed , usually volume of b/w printing with the odd colour, pref city centre.

*page printing not poster/advert type.

iSupply have a shop in Sea Road just up from the Crane Bar or maybe Davitt's in Salthill.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

iSupply have a shop in Sea Road just up from the Crane Bar or maybe Davitt's in Salthill.

The sign on isupply say its closed by will be used as a drop off place for large print jobs.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Chatternet on eyre Street?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

iSupply are now on campus at NUI (in Hardiman Building I think)

• Advertisement

Looking for cheap 'mechanics' type boilersuits or overalls. Ideally in green (I know ;) ) Or even those safety clothes that go over things and are a lighter material. Must be green though.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Where's the best place to get craft beers as a gift?

inisboffin wrote: »
    Looking for cheap 'mechanics' type boilersuits or overalls. Ideally in green (I know ;) ) Or even those safety clothes that go over things and are a lighter material. Must be green though.
    Portwest? You might also get them in hardware stores like MacDonoghs, but they'll probably be Portwest brand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Where's the best place to get craft beers as a gift?

O'Briens GSC, McCambridges and Joyce's Fr Griffin Rd. If you mean gift boxes, hampers etc then McCambridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

xckjoo wrote:
    Portwest? You might also get them in hardware stores like MacDonoghs, but they'll probably be Portwest brand

Also try Safety Direct.

Woodies have added a work clothes section and might be worth a look.

Also try Safety Direct.

Woodies have added a work clothes section and might be worth a look.

Thanks! Tried Safety Direct first but just white and blue or heavy duty orange. Will try Woodies, forgot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

There used to be an 'Army' Surplus Supply shop in town - in laneway between The Body Shop & Bulters on Shop St . . . might be a good bet for green overalls if it's still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'm pretty confident that's been turned into a tattoo place. Not sure Galway has anything like that anymore. Best once i've come across is in the outlet centre in Killarney... big place with lots of outdoors/camping/surplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Safety Direct as suggested above has them https://www.safetydirect.ie/697/Boiler-Suits.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Bredabe wrote: »
    Im looking for a print* from computer/usb place, my usual place has closed , usually volume of b/w printing with the odd colour, pref city centre.
    *page printing not poster/advert type.

Yes, Chat & Net at 2 Eyre St (parking usually available around Woodquay) is brilliant and accommodating for many computer needs! Call for further info: 091-539896.

Advertisement