Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

DisplayPort cable in the city that doesn't cost €30?

Just a regular DP cable, not mini-DP and not converting from/to anything.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone know of a person who can tighten the seat belts on a kia?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anywhere for getting ears pierced that doesn't cost the earth? €70 in Claires accessories!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone know of a person who can tighten the seat belts on a kia?

What do you mean by tighten? Seat belts aren't really something that should need maintenance. If you mean the belt just isn't retracting very quickly wiping a bit of furniture polish along the seat belt is supposed to help speed up the retraction on old seat belts

What do you mean by tighten? Seat belts aren't really something that should need maintenance. If you mean the belt just isn't retracting very quickly wiping a bit of furniture polish along the seat belt is supposed to help speed up the retraction on old seat belts

From what I gather its lost traction and doesn't roll back into its mechanism when its loosed from the floor lock at all, seems to happen once a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Edmond on Abbeygate St.

I'll second that, he's really good and a nice guy. Might also stretch shoes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

dinneenp wrote: »
    Anywhere for getting ears pierced that doesn't cost the earth? €70 in Claires accessories!

Found Blitz something shop in Eyre Sq shopping center-€20!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anyone know of somewhere in town that sells those click-to-heat, reusable gel packs? Something like these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heat-Click-Round-Pads/dp/B0195NJ9WW/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=heat+click&qid=1575365318&sr=8-11

• Registered Users Posts: 24,798 ✭✭✭✭zell12

zell12 wrote: »
    Cheers but not quite what I'm looking for. These ones are single use. There's ones that are reusable by boiling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

xckjoo wrote: »
    Anyone know of somewhere in town that sells those click-to-heat, reusable gel packs? Something like these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heat-Click-Round-Pads/dp/B0195NJ9WW/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=heat+click&qid=1575365318&sr=8-11

One of the hiking/outdoor shops must have them - trespass, river deep mountain high, regatta, portwest, call of the wild, mountain warehouse etc.

Rolllo wrote: »
    One of the hiking/outdoor shops must have them - trespass, river deep mountain high, regatta, portwest, call of the wild, mountain warehouse etc.
    That's a good suggestion. I'll stick my head into them on the way home.

Edit: got them in Trespass. Thanks for the suggestion

dinneenp wrote: »

Matt O Flaherty's on Shop St. Price depends on the earrings you choose but I think we paid 25 last spring, which included a cleaning solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I am looking for a shop selling chocolate bars.

I suppose shops like Hazel Mountain on Middle street.

Are there any other shops like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Geuze wrote: »
    I am looking for a shop selling chocolate bars.

I suppose shops like Hazel Mountain on Middle street.

Are there any other shops like this?

Butler's Chocolate Cafe in Shop Street. McCambridge's might have some as well.
    There's also Leonidas in Corbett Court, although I'm not sure if they are selling bars or just the pralines.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hazel Mountain is local so I tend to get my stuff there.
    You can try the old style sweet shop across from King's Head

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking for the cheapest man with a van/ikea delivery in Galway. There used to be just one guy, now there are many it seems. Anyone got a good recommendation? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

-Vega- wrote: »
    Looking for the cheapest man with a van/ikea delivery in Galway. There used to be just one guy, now there are many it seems. Anyone got a good recommendation? Thanks :)

Are you getting big stuff? If it's only a few small bits I'm doing a run tomorrow :D

cefh17 wrote: »
    Are you getting big stuff? If it's only a few small bits I'm doing a run tomorrow :D

There are a few little bits in it and a Table top thats 150cm ( 5 foot ) so maybe a van is best. If you are doing it professionally drop me a mail :) thanks

-Vega- wrote: »

Dunno about cheapest but Marcin gets my vote: http://flatpackhero.ie/

• Advertisement

xckjoo wrote: »
    Dunno about cheapest but Marcin gets my vote: http://flatpackhero.ie/

Got sorted thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Best place to buy a Samsung s7 Edge or s7 in Galway? Help much appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭flazio

jk23 wrote: »
    Best place to buy a Samsung s7 Edge or s7 in Galway? Help much appreciated..
    Fonez Corbett Court or CEX Williamsgate Street would be the first two I'd take a comparison with. Might be even cheaper in CEX if you have old DVDs, games or electronics you want to clear out as a part trade swap.

Anyone spot tins of strawberries in the shops?
    I've looked in sv,dunnes, and a couple of independant and no sign, frozen won't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I've looked in sv,dunnes, and a couple of independant and no sign, frozen won't do.

M&s have them but pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 24,798 ✭✭✭✭zell12

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272126406 https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=289992177

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

flazio wrote: »
    Fonez Corbett Court or CEX Williamsgate Street would be the first two I'd take a comparison with. Might be even cheaper in CEX if you have old DVDs, games or electronics you want to clear out as a part trade swap.

I only seen your reply there, never thought of to trade in. I have ordered one from ibroke, anyone ever hear anything good or bad about them...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,879 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Any recommendations for somewhere to replace a front wheel bearing on my x Trail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Has anybody had front facing cameras installed in their car or reverse cameras ( but particularly the former)? Could you recomnend a good reliable place in the city that won't break the bank?

• Advertisement

Thank you, that worked a treat.

Advertisement