Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Anyplace that's open in Galway selling these cables?

I’m pretty sure I got one of those in Tesco, but that was a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Anyplace that's open in Galway selling these cables?

Mr Price or Dealz might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

biko wrote: »
    StonedRaider
    Your Face
    Garden centres like Woodies are still open. Try ringing them.
    Note, you're technically not allowed to go out and the guards may nab you.

Tried woodies and b&q with no luck last week.
    Mr Price or Dealz might be worth a shot.

Passed mr price westside yesterday and the long queue put me off. Try again Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

beans wrote: »
    Can anyone off the street purchase there, or is it trade only?

I've been thinking about this question and the answer is (especially in these current times) anyone can buy from here. As long as you or someone you can vouch for (someone who lives closer to here than you perhaps) can collect then by all means ring in an order. It's not just fruit & veg and flour we stock. There's any amount of dry goods and even cleaning products. If you run out of vinyl gloves then give us a ring.

I'm not posting this up in order to make money from it. I work in the warehouse so I won't make anything from it. What interests me is providing Galway people with items that they need that they can't source anywhere else. And also. because most of our customers are gone due to Covid19, stock is not moving like it should. I would rather see someone take this stock as opposed to it having to be dumped.

I hope this helps some of ye. If any of ye want a list of the dry goods etc then PM me and I'll do my best to give you a lowdown of what we have. Bare in mind though that there is a LOT of dry goods.

Lastly, if this post is not allowed then Mods feel free to delete. I'm not actually selling stuff, but just pointing ye in the right direction. I really don't want to see this stock go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Kieran on the Wellpark Residents fb complied this for paint suppliers. I see it on Riverside Residents page now too.

McDonaghs DIY, Ballybane. Collection service. Phone:

Phone up and see if they have your paint, if they do they will leave out to you. Order with debit/credit card.

Paint Rite, Terryland. Delivery service Email:
    Paintritegalway@gmail.com

Ph. 091 562 394

Best to email Paintrite with your contact details and type of paint you want. Phone line very busy. They will phone you back but, it could be a day or two before they back to you. Order with debit/credit card.

Pat McDonnell Paints, Briarhill. Delivery Service

Phone up and leave your name and phone number on answering machine and they will get back to you. Again it could be a day or two before they get back to you. Order with debit/credit card.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

etxp wrote: »
    Don't know if this is the right thread, but anyone know where I would get some paint in the city tomorrow?

I am looking for.... thread > https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113190621#post113190621

• Registered Users Posts: 25,902 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Don't know if this is the right thread, but anyone know where I would get some paint in the city tomorrow?

Delivery only AFAIK.

These guys are doing it : https://www.mcdonnellpaints.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Delivery only AFAIK.

These guys are doing it : https://www.mcdonnellpaints.ie/

Joyce's Hardware are too and PaintRite but there's a serious backlog for everything. People will have lovely lookin' houses and gardens by the end of this if the demand is anything to go by!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭ratracer

Londis oppostie the hospital have some paint for sale, don’t know how much choice/ colour they have though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Flynn’s of Lackagh (Topline hardware) have been open to customers since Tuesday if you wanted to travel out that far. Prepare to queue up though, or best ring ahead to see if they have what you need in stock... I’ve heard paint stocks are definitely running low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

I emailed paintrite this morning and it arrived by late afternoon. Email list with contact # and address. They'll call you back. Excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chefwork

Hello, I am not sure if this is the correct thread, do you know anywhere selling reusable cloth type face masks, if there is a local supplier, would like to support . thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Are any charity's which take food donations open? is so, which ones are they?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Chefwork wrote: »
    Hello, I am not sure if this is the correct thread, do you know anywhere selling reusable cloth type face masks, if there is a local supplier, would like to support . thanks.

Wa Sushi near Docks. They do food delivery. They have masks in the window for sale. Cloth reusable masks.

Chefwork wrote: »

Another alternative:

https://www.regatta.ie/adults-printed-multitube-scarf-navy-print/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Your Face wrote: »
    Hi,

Would anyone know where would be open that does large/heavy sledgehammers?

Caulfield Industrial shipping from their warehouse via DPD. Shop is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fantasticfred

Hi guys, looking to get WiFi installed into new house in the Knocknacarra area. Anyone know the best providers in terms of reliability?

Has anybody had experience of Vodafone? I've heard they can have problems in certain parts of the country so wondering if Galway City is the same

Will be starting working from home so need to try sort ASAP. Thanks for any help!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Hi guys, looking to get WiFi installed into new house in the Knocknacarra area. Anyone know the best providers in terms of reliability?

Has anybody had experience of Vodafone? I've heard they can have problems in certain parts of the country so wondering if Galway City is the same

Will be starting working from home so need to try sort ASAP. Thanks for any help!

Vodafone are good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Try Virgin Media, they have a special offier just now, only a 30 day contract, rather than the normal 2yr minumun.

Check if www.airwire.ie are available in your location, website has an eircode checker. Much better bet than the main operators imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

I've Virgin Media here in Ballybrit brilliant with 3 laptops and 3 Phones pulling off it on a 250mb line, they have their own lines in certain areas. What I would do is see what the neighbours have. Is it a brand-new house or new to you which would have the old NTL/UPC cabling routes which Virgin re-fibered. I had SKY in another which ran on Eircom cables and every week we had issues with the router connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Anyone know anyplace I could buy a box of screws at the minute without haven't to pay stupid amounts for delivery

Anyone know anyplace I could buy a box of screws at the minute without haven't to pay stupid amounts for delivery

Where in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Where in Galway?

Living in ballybrit so closer the better

Living in ballybrit so closer the better

Try gibbons electrical on the Tuam rd beside Galway city gym. Ring beforehand.
    Got my cables from them yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Mr Price sell a few DIY tools/screws etc. You might be lucky and find the size you need. Nearest to Ballybrit is the terryland branch.

You could walk/drive to McDonaghs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could walk/drive to McDonaghs.
    Unfortunately on FB they says
    We’d like to remind our customers that our store is closed to the public, but our yard remains open for solid fuel and agri sales ONLY.
    https://www.facebook.com/mcdonoghshardware/posts/3131936816839559

biko wrote: »

They are getting paint for people......I'm sure they give out a box a screws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭mjp

Looking for charcoal for barbecue around Galway City. Anyone know where I'd pick them up.

Advertisement