Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,591 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

-Vega- wrote: »
    Looking for outdoor basketball courts in galway. Some may not be open but appreciate any suggestions if people know of any. Thanks

Not sure which school it is, but the school down by the canal beside Wards shop had people playing basketball there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Hi

I have inherited a marble table top for a garden table. It’s a biggish piece and in perfect nick except there is no base. The base/legs were metal but have broken off over the years. Can anyone recommend where one could get something custom built/ fitted / repaired in Galway or close by?

Thanks a mil.

Are any florists open at the moment, and doing delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,904 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

All of them are open, in the city centre anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I was sent flowers recently and they were delivered by Knocknacarra Florists. I have also seen the Go Dutch delivery van out and about.

• Advertisement

All of them are open, in the city centre anyway.

I was wrong. Yes Flowers aren't open.

Maddens, Go Dutch, Daisy Bowl, College Rd are ... according to this list: https://www.openingalway.com/p/home-appliances-and-furniture.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Isnt the florist in salthill doing an honest box. You just pick the flowers you want and drop the correct money into the box provided

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone know somewhere open that does binding? It’s not for a thesis or anything. It’s for notes I need for an exam so I just need them to punch the pages and put them in a binding cone with a plastic cover.

I’m going to ring Books n More in Oranmore as I know they’re open but just said I’d ask here in case they don’t. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Redo91 wrote: »
    Anyone know somewhere open that does binding? It’s not for a thesis or anything. It’s for notes I need for an exam so I just need them to punch the pages and put them in a binding cone with a plastic cover.

I’m going to ring Books n More in Oranmore as I know they’re open but just said I’d ask here in case they don’t. Thanks.

Kenny's are back open today, might be worth ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Redo91 wrote: »

Think most printers (iSupply, Cantec, etc.) can handle this. Just give them a ring first I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Thanks for the replies. I’ll give them a ring today.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Can anyone recommend by PM a reliable company that can supply and install a heating controls upgrade to an oil boiler, as well as a solid fuel(maybe pellet) stove. Preferably the 1 company.

It's like pulling teeth since late last year going into January and February before any controlled movement/restrictions/lockdown. Trying as much as I can to support local. Nobody returns calls, replies to emails answers their phones or even get back to me with a quote after doing the survey. Experienced this for almost all our renovation needs. Walk into shops looking to purchase complete bathroom and tiles but being ignored. Then I get sorted very quickly by non locals at very competitive prices. PM if anyone wants details.

Not pushed if it's local or not. Just want a good clean job done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Can anyone recommend by PM a reliable company that can supply and install a heating controls upgrade to an oil boiler, as well as a solid fuel(maybe pellet) stove. Preferably the 1 company.

It's like pulling teeth since late last year going into January and February before any controlled movement/restrictions/lockdown. Trying as much as I can to support local. Nobody returns calls, replies to emails answers their phones or even get back to me with a quote after doing the survey. Experienced this for almost all our renovation needs. Walk into shops looking to purchase complete bathroom and tiles but being ignored. Then I get sorted very quickly by non locals at very competitive prices. PM if anyone wants details.

Not pushed if it's local or not. Just want a good clean job done

I replaced the power (isolation) switch on mine with a smart switch which I can control from my phone or Amazon Alexa. The phone app allows me to set it on for a specific time, set it on a schedule, or even set the schedule so that it only comes on if the outside temperature is below a specified level. I don't have internal temperature sensors so mine is a basic enough solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Can anyone recommend someone/a business who are professional and reasonably priced to make a couple of small Roman blinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

dilallio wrote: »
    I replaced the power (isolation) switch on mine with a smart switch which I can control from my phone or Amazon Alexa. The phone app allows me to set it on for a specific time, set it on a schedule, or even set the schedule so that it only comes on if the outside temperature is below a specified level. I don't have internal temperature sensors so mine is a basic enough solution.

It's an option, but with the boiler housed outdoors it would need to be sort of splash proof to survive the damp winters? What make/model are you using? Reliable?

It's an option, but with the boiler housed outdoors it would need to be sort of splash proof to survive the damp winters? What make/model are you using? Reliable?

It's usually installed at the controls inside the house no? There's a good thread on this kinda thing over in the home automation sub forum. Lots of knowledgeable people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I use an Optimum switch. They have them in Flaherty Markets but if you're not working in the trade, they are very expensive there (approx 120 euro). You can get them on Amazon for 44 sterling.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Optimum-OP-SBWF01-Enabled-Socket-Switch/dp/B07843J914/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1

All you need to do is get an electrician to put this switch inside the house on the power line to the boiler outside. Just ensure that you have WiFi coverage where the switch goes.

You can get cheaper switches with the same functionality, but the Optimum ones are excellent quality, and are one of the few available which can also be used safely on an Immersion, as they are rated for 18 Amps.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Hi,

any recommendations for someone to install a pull-down attic ladder?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Any recommendations for someone to supply / install a glass splashback in a new kitchen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anywhere local selling filters suitable for face masks?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

westgolf wrote: »
    Any recommendations for someone to supply / install a glass splashback in a new kitchen ?

We got some from Corbet Glass in westside, behind Domino's and across from the Wine Shop.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anywhere local selling filters suitable for face masks?
    Colleague tells me that chiffon or muslin works as a filter, most fabric shops(hickeys in corbet court or wellpark ) could have some,tho its available online as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Colleague tells me that chiffon or muslin works as a filter, most fabric shops(hickeys in corbet court or wellpark ) could have some,tho its available online as well.

Hickey aren't open yet.

No other fabric shops in the city AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Appreciate the reply. I was looking for the PM2.5 filters and managed to locate them in Limerick. Thanks :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

Anyone have any information about the running track behind Cluain Mhuire?

The track itself appeared to be finished before the lockdown, but I imagine there is a lot of work to be done.

Would be nice if it was able to open before the summer is out, but I understand things are likely complicated.

Have gotten muslin cloths in homestoreandmore (Wellpark) before

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Kitchen appliance repairs person, city or county

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is Argos back open guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is Argos back open guys?

Ya, but unless its changed recently, you have to order online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭blueshark2

Looking for shower/changing facilities in the city centre...?

Starting back to work soon. Usually get the bus to work but want to start cycling in. But we don't have shower or changing facilities. Is there anywhere near Dominic Street like a cheap gym or hotel leisure club that might be an option? Happy to get annual membership if needs be.

Advertisement