Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Long shot, but I'm looking for a cheap ice cube maker?

Usual suspects dont have them (Argos, Currys, DID, Homestore, Ryans, Expert, Conboy etc.)

I got mine in Aldi, so Lidl may have them as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

hi folks. looking for a store in galway city that sells gaa stuff. also hoping to get club logos printed on a couple of items i am hoping to buy. appreciate any pointers.

also, as im here, is there any Brazilian shop in the city? looking to find some of their hot sauces and stuff..

thank you in advance.

dennispenn wrote: »
    hi folks. looking for a store in galway city that sells gaa stuff. also hoping to get club logos printed on a couple of items i am hoping to buy. appreciate any pointers.

also, as im here, is there any Brazilian shop in the city? looking to find some of their hot sauces and stuff..

thank you in advance.

There was a brazilian food shop opposite city hall in prospect hill. I think it might have moved further up the hill when shakedog opened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

dennispenn wrote: »

thank you in advance.

Armazem Brazilian shop is opposite County buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

Does anyone know wheres good for carvery dinner in Galway City centre? I am aware the imperial does them, but is there anywhere else? I like the convenience of a carvery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The Park House

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Arent carverys banned at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Buffets are banned.
    You can’t serve yourself but others can serve you.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Hi,

Any one use hypnosis to help give up smoking?

Any recommendations for a hypnotist in Galway

TIA,

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Giving up smoking forum has some threads on it
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=871

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

paulgalway wrote: »
    Hi,

Any one use hypnosis to help give up smoking?

Any recommendations for a hypnotist in Galway

TIA,

Did you ever try the champix tables? My auld lad & myself gave them up over 10 years ago. Never had one craving since. He was a 40 major a day man.

They’re expensive but if they get you off them!

“It can cause sleeplessness and difficulty concentrating, decreased heart rate and increased appetite or weight gain. The most common side-effect associated with Champix is nausea. Other common side effects include headache, difficulty sleeping and abnormal dreams. Champix may produce dizziness and sleepiness”

We never had any side effects to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pixiehead13

Best place to rent a car for a half or full day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,799 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Best place to rent a car for a half or full day
    https://www.carhirecomparison.ie

Edit: From now until the end of July you can benefit from our reduced day rates for the GoCity, GoTripper & GoExplore ranges which will enable you to pay for 6 hours and get the next 18 free!.
    https://www.gocar.ie/weve-reduced-our-day-rates/
    and referral codes https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113430122

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Looking to a little DIY around the house and need planned wood 2x4.

Anyone know who the best value out there is save me shopping around. Woodies, McDonaghs, Brooks, B&Q?

Any shop that sells New era 59fifty fitted caps? Not a chance they will have the one I want but I'm between sizes on their measuring chart so really want to try them on. The selection of caps has been a joke anywhere I've checked, barely have any bar a few hidden away in some corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Place that serves sunday breakfast. Will be with kids so not Kai, will keep that for a treat when without them...

Where can I find baking beans and yorkshire brand tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Anthony Ryan's homestore should have baking beans.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Place that serves sunday breakfast. Will be with kids so not Kai, will keep that for a treat when without them...

The cellar do a savage breakfast, my first choice if getting breakfast in town.

Not sure what the story is there with opening at the moment though has haven’t been near town in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

The cellar do a savage breakfast, my first choice if getting breakfast in town.

Not sure what the story is there with opening at the moment though has haven’t been near town in months.

Ya they do a serious job of a fry .
    Trappers do a reasonable fry too and it's roomy and suitable for kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Struggled to find somewhere open when we looked last week.

However, Ground & Co in Salthill are open and suitable for eating with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Looking for an oilskin coat with hood or a set of oilskins (pants & jacket). Anywhere local?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭ratracer

Looking for an oilskin coat with hood or a set of oilskins (pants & jacket). Anywhere local?

Galway Maritime on Merchants Road has reopened, I’d imagine they should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Bredabe wrote: »
    Where can I find baking beans and yorkshire brand tea?

Yorkshire tea is in Iceland . Always get it when I’m there.... on the wrong side of town for me ... it’s delicious 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭flazio

ArtyC wrote: »
    Yorkshire tea is in Iceland . Always get it when I’m there.... on the wrong side of town for me ... it’s delicious 😋

Somebody will be around to cancel your Irish passport and deport you to the UK shortly. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

Anyone know of a Chipper in town that does Saveloys ?? Thanks 😊

ArtyC wrote: »
    Found it in Mortons in Salthill as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Could anyone recommend a company in Galway that sells clothing with embroidery & printing. I need to get hoodies, beanies & T-shirts made up with a particular logo on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a company in Galway that sells clothing with embroidery & printing. I need to get hoodies, beanies & T-shirts made up with a particular logo on them.

i supply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

Bullocks wrote: »
    Ya they do a serious job of a fry .
    Trappers do a reasonable fry too and it's roomy and suitable for kids

Trappers not open yet I don't think. No activity there when I've passed lately.

Advertisement