Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Anywhere local selling these particular face shields?

e22647035c.JPG

Woodies had them a couple of weeks ago. No idea if they still have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Anywhere local selling these particular face shields?

e22647035c.JPG

Obviously entirely up to yourself but just thought I’d point out that the evidence on these screens preventing infection is not great...unless someone coughs directly in your face. Other than that it offers little protection. A face mask is much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Could anyone recommend a skilled carpenter that would he able to put in a bookcase/secret door?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Does anyone know where multipacks of sugar free mint sweets, are on sale?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HelmsDeep

Got lots of photos from old disposable cameras, the 7x5 kind..or maybe 6x4.
    Down through the years we’ve collected tons of them. Maybe have 2 full shoe-boxes.
    Looking to get these photos ‘digitalised’, so we’ll be able to scroll through them on the laptop instead.

Any idea where to find this service in Galway, or even if this service exists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

HelmsDeep wrote: »
    Down through the years we’ve collected tons of them. Maybe have 2 full shoe-boxes.
    Looking to get these photos ‘digitalised’, so we’ll be able to scroll through them on the laptop instead.

Not sure if such a service exists. However I’ve digitilised a lot of my old photos by laying them flat in good natural light and taking a photo with a phone camera. Might be a bit laborious for you (get a teen to do it for pocket money!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

There is a fuji photo shop in the eyre square centre ( actually i think it moved to the old vodafone unit near holland shop) . They copy and restore old photos so im sure theyll be able to sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos.scanner&hl=en_IE

That app is great and available for both Android and Apple phones. It shows you exactly what to do and ensures you don't get any shine that you used to get using phones to scan pics.
    It'll be a pain in the neck but it'll cost quite a lot to get it done professionally and it really isn't necessary anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

HelmsDeep wrote:
    Got lots of photos from old disposable cameras, the 7x5 kind..or maybe 6x4. Down through the years we’ve collected tons of them. Maybe have 2 full shoe-boxes. Looking to get these photos ‘digitalised’, so we’ll be able to scroll through them on the laptop instead.

Galway camera shop on William street does it. I enquired on the same service a couple of years I can't remember the price I was quoted but I did turn around and ended up using the scanner to scan them all into computer then a disc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Have been looking for a butter dish. Dunnes don't have them. Nobody uses butter these days it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

bobbyss wrote: »
    Have been looking for a butter dish. Dunnes don't have them. Nobody uses butter these days it seems.
    I've seen some in SVP shops and the Madra shop beyond Barna.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Home Store and More and Anthony Ryans Homestore are sure to stock them. Maybe Tesco also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

https://www.anthonyryans.com/categories/cookshop/tableware/butter-dishes.html

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/dinnerware-collections

https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/home/kitchen-and-dining/view-all

A quick google gives loads of options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Looking to get a teddy bear restuffed. No major repairs. Anywhere around town, or county, that does this?

Try McDonagh Hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/simply-white-butter-dish/7891151

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dazzeremo

Anyone know of a good guitar repair spot in Galway? I have an active jazz bass that makes weird/loud buzz noises and after years of procrastination, I finally decided I gotta do something about it. Thanks.

dazzeremo wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good guitar repair spot in Galway? I have an active jazz bass that makes weird/loud buzz noises and after years of procrastination, I finally decided I gotta do something about it. Thanks.

https://www.moloneymusic.com/

They sell a lot of Irish hand made instruments so I'm sure they will either be able to repair it or recommend someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Could anyone recommend a bespoke carpenter. Looking for someone to make a secret bookcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Local shop selling a 300 * 55 buggy tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Contractor to install a pull rope/cord in a 130m duct.

Looking for someone that would be able to install a pull rope in a 130m or so length of ducting.

Will use the the pull rope to allow KN to install fibre afterwards. Any leads appreciated!

Got a buggy tyre in Tyre Center in Ballybane good while ago now. Near Windsor Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Got a tyre in ALL4Baby on the Tuam Road - near Cemetry Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Contractor to install a pull rope/cord in a 130m duct.

Looking for someone that would be able to install a pull rope in a 130m or so length of ducting.

Will use the the pull rope to allow KN to install fibre afterwards. Any leads appreciated!

Would the KN installer not have the gear? Its known as fish tape. There is a 130 metre one on ebay .You can buy 200m of 6mm rope in Caulfields

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Blue850 wrote: »
    Would the KN installer not have the gear? Its known as fish tape. There is a 130 metre one on ebay .You can buy 200m of 6mm rope in Caulfields

I should probably see if KN can install it. I think the official line is that they need to have a pull wire already installed , otherwise it's up to the homeowner to install a pull wire first.

They would definitely have the gear.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Are tattoo parlours open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Yup. Nearly sure they are anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

Ya all open mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 nebra

sunflowa wrote: »
    Looking to buy some thick chalk for drawing on the pavement, anyone know where I could come by some chalk like this cheaply around Galway?!

Cregal art, upstairs in Powell's, Smith's toy store...

Advertisement