Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Where could I buy one of those leads that connects a modum to a computer some distance away?

I found yesterday that B&Q sell gift and e cards online!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Where could I buy one of those leads that connects a modum to a computer some distance away?

I found yesterday that B&Q sell gift and e cards online!

I assume you mean an Ethernet cable? Most likely Cat5e and you will find them anywhere really that sells computers (curry’s, Harvey Norman, repair shops, maybe even tesco etc). Prices will vary a lot though so have a look before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

Try CT electric that's where I get mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭calculator

jackyjoe1 wrote: »
    P.M. sent

I'm look for sometime to clean a stove type chimney. Could you PM your details please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Can recommend Eamonn at No Bother,
    Have an inset stove on a chimney that he cleaned for me.
    Prices are on his site and all.

https://nobother.ie/book-chimney-sweep-nobother/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭calculator

aw wrote: »
    Can recommend Eamonn at No Bother,
    Have an inset stove on a chimney that he cleaned for me.
    Prices are on his site and all.

https://nobother.ie/book-chimney-sweep-nobother/

Thanks for this. I think we tried calling earlier but no answer. I dunno if people are out working during the day so not able to answer their phones etc. Might try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Would anyone know a carpenter or company in Galway that would make a secret bookcase?

Where's good for long indoor curtains?
    I have two windows over 100inch wide so standared cutrains dont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Home Store + more, Wellpark?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Home Store + more, Wellpark?

Was just about to say the same. I got wide curtains at home store and more. Only problem is all their curtains are for poles, not the older style little hooks.
    Another good spot for curtains is the curtain and bedding shop next to Smyth’s in the Galway Retail Park Headford road. Apologies, cannot remember the name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 djbergin

Anyone recommend a good snagger for snag list on new build home?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Was just about to say the same. I got wide curtains at home store and more. Only problem is all their curtains are for poles, not the older style little hooks.
    Another good spot for curtains is the curtain and bedding shop next to Smyth’s in the Galway Retail Park Headford road. Apologies, cannot remember the name!

Harry Corry?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭weshtawake

With libraries closed I am looking for somewhere in the city that provides scan/photocopy/print services.

Ta

weshtawake wrote: »
    With libraries closed I am looking for somewhere in the city that provides scan/photocopy/print services.

Ta

Chat r net in eyre st, Media Linn in the uni campus, the carterage shop in westside(not sure its name) its in the same place as Domino's pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

weshtawake wrote: »

Ta

There's a place in Liosban, beside Mocha Beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

There's a place in Liosban, beside Mocha Beans.

If its more than a few pages these are the lads to go for. Needed a booklet printed a while back and they did it for a fraction of what the others were looking to charge. Easy to deal with too

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Home Focus in Wellpark. Opposite Woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Celtic blinds in Lisbaun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Anywhere that sells screen protectors for Fitbit Versa 3 please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 spns2020

Hello,

We are looking for 4 children's sized picnic benches for our school, does anyone know of any carpenters in Galway who would be able to make them for us? It seems difficult to find children's sized benches.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

spns2020 wrote: »
    Hello,

We are looking for 4 children's sized picnic benches for our school, does anyone know of any carpenters in Galway who would be able to make them for us? It seems difficult to find children's sized benches.
    Thanks

My cousin in Mayo is a great carpenter, if that's any good to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I would highly recommend Laval Garden Furniture in Ardrahan.
    I wouldn’t be asking a carpenter who is not used to garden furniture. The timber needs to be pressure treated and the timber needs to be fastened properly as they bench could loosen after a while as those benches get swayed in all directions. You should get 10 years out of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

spns2020 wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks

Hopefully I won't offend you by posting this but.. you either didn't look and came straight to boards or simply didn't think to have a search online before posting on boards.

There are a multitude of companies selling the products you are looking for.... Littlewoods, woodies and many more

https://www.google.com/search?q=childrens+picnic+table&oq=childrens+picnic+&aqs=chrome.0.0i457j0j69i57j0l2.8171j0j4&client=ms-android-motorola-rev2&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#scso=_oeGLX5KjNMPZxgPfpJawDQ70:2967.5

https://hennessyoutdoors.ie/product/lisbet-kids-picnic-table/?utm_source=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping%20IE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=1937&gclid=CjwKCAjwrKr8BRB_EiwA7eFaptHP5akBnffD53IUdcasj4E57N-voOWVC6N5nzIS31VtR8hkmhfq7hoC7ZIQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

This is more of a COVID/L5 related question but are all the hardware stores still open? I need some plumbing fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

xckjoo wrote: »
    This is more of a COVID/L5 related question but are all the hardware stores still open? I need some plumbing fixtures

Fairly certain they are open as normal, worst case scenario it's call and collect. Have builders in and they were using mcdonaghs yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Hi folks.

I've to arrange collection of a bulky item (car body part) in Dublin and have it delivered to me in Galway.

Would anyone have a recommendation for a courier company that I could sort this with?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

aw wrote: »
    Hi folks.

I've to arrange collection of a bulky item (car body part) in Dublin and have it delivered to me in Galway.

Would anyone have a recommendation for a courier company that I could sort this with?

Thanks.

Used cortina express not so long ago, gawdy yellow van but sound lad and did the job. Will pm number to you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Guffy wrote: »
    Used cortina express not so long ago, gawdy yellow van but sound lad and did the job. Will pm number to you

I'd love it too if you have it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I had success with these guys delivering a big sofa from Dublin a few years back:

https://www.anyvan.ie/

It's a platform for posting a job and man w/ a van types bid on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Has anyone seen pumpkin purée in cans (from Libby's, for example) in shops in Galway this year?

Advertisement