Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Ballyguff wrote: »
    Any pubs in Galway city doing takeaway pints before they get shut down tomorrow?

Crowes???

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

I'm looking for a full size empty beer keg. Willing to pay €35 if one turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking for UV lights / Black lights in Galway for a birthday party. Ordered some bulbs on Amazon and they were due on Monday but there is an issue with the order. Need them for this Satuday. I'll rent or buy at this point if the price is affordable, appreciate any help. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My tablet never worked properly and is probably all kinds of out of date now, so I'm looking for someone to have a look to see if it can be rescued, any rec's for someone who can do the work now and isn't €€€€€€€€'s.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Bredabe wrote: »
    My tablet never worked properly and is probably all kinds of out of date now, so I'm looking for someone to have a look to see if it can be rescued, any rec's for someone who can do the work now and isn't €€€€€€€€'s.

To be honest, tablets date pretty quickly. Often tablets bought for under 300 euro are already slow and crap right out of the box. Not saying this is the case with yours, but unless it is a fairly high end Samsung or apple, chances are it will not power modern apps properly or even stream Netflix without stuttering.

Definitely not the case with all, it depends on your specs and when you bought it/cost. But you could pay someone 50 euro in the shop who will recommend you give up on it and the cost of upgrading them is definitely not worth. So yeah, as a rule for me anyway, mostly its a cut your losses type thing with tablets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

topcat77 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a full size empty beer keg. Willing to pay €35 if one turns up.

Thanks Boards. i got sorted through this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Any deals on eggs around?
    The greengrocer in the GSC has upped 18 eggs from €2 to €3, supermarkets are cheaper than that

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Any recommendations for roof repair? Im in the west of the city if that matters. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,879 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anywhere selling nice Christmas wrapping, ribbon etc. My go to was Dunnes but they have nothing. It's the ribbon that seems difficult to get.

Mr Price
    Dealz
    Tesco

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    Mr Price
    Dealz
    Tesco

I haven't see nice ribbon in any of those. I will have to look again.

Discodog wrote: »
    I haven't see nice ribbon in any of those. I will have to look again.
    Click on 'em
    Dealz best bet
    Mr Price
    Tesco

zell12 wrote: »
    Click on 'em
    Dealz best bet
    Mr Price
    Tesco

Yes I saw those. Everywhere has the foil "curling" ribbon. Dunnes used to do some really nice, expensive, glitter ribbons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Is there anywhere I can bring tin cans (beer cans, food cans, foil trays etc.) to be recycled. I don't have a rubbish collection service

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can bring tin cans (beer cans, food cans, foil trays etc.) to be recycled. I don't have a rubbish collection service

I'd imagine the City council yard in Liosban when it reopens after L5. Check the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

bcklschaps wrote: »

Citybin in oramore or barna waste on headford Road. Will have to pay in both. Liosbaun is technically just for things that won't fit in a normal recycling bin and you may be turned away if it looks like you are just avoiding getting a recycling bin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Where’s the best place to buy internal doors in the city (maybe something a bit different)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe not "best" but thedoorcentre.ie/doors has the largest selection

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Where’s the best place to buy internal doors in the city (maybe something a bit different)

The lads in Door centre are dead on and have a good range. But the likes of Higgins, McDonaghs, Chadwick's all have doors too.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

Recommendations on where to get this fixed, the top part power's up but no power going into the rest, checked the leads with a multi meter and there fine. That's as far as my knowledge will take me with it 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭ratracer

Does anyone know of anywhere in Galway that sells RAM mounts for mobile devices, similar to below? Google hasn't been my friend here, and I'd like to get one tomorrow as opposed to ordering online.

https://www.ram-mount.co.uk/product-lines-2/tough-claw/small-tough-claw-with-1-rubber-ball

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm looking for a dog kennel that is open over Christmas Day. I am on the east side of the city but beggars can't be choosers so open to all options.
    Thanks
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a dog kennel that is open over Christmas Day. I am on the east side of the city but beggars can't be choosers so open to all options.
    Thanks
    Pa
    I think http://galwaykennels.com/ take dogs for Christmas and I'd highly recommend them but I'd say you'll be lucky if they've space

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

xckjoo wrote: »
    I think http://galwaykennels.com/ take dogs for Christmas and I'd highly recommend them but I'd say you'll be lucky if they've space

Thanks, got a space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Why would you want to put your dog in a kennel on Christmas Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gonna guess something along the lines of family members being allergic or having issues with dogs maybe? Or even having a baby/toddler in the house and having a dog around them could be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

We did this a few times, had important plumbing work that could only be done over a break like Christmas.

Another year we decided to paint and take up the floors(dog a definite liability in that case)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

spud65 wrote: »
    Recommendations on where to get this fixed, the top part power's up but no power going into the rest, checked the leads with a multi meter and there fine. That's as far as my knowledge will take me with it 🙂

O'CONNORS, on Sean mulvoy Road could be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Looking for brown packing paper.

Need to post a parcel and not sure if Mr Price carries it. Anyone know where to pick up a roll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭ratracer

Looking for brown packing paper.

Need to post a parcel and not sure if Mr Price carries it. Anyone know where to pick up a roll?

Eason’s I would think.

Advertisement