Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Looking for brown packing paper.

Need to post a parcel and not sure if Mr Price carries it. Anyone know where to pick up a roll?

Bought some in Mr Price recently, but it didn't come in a roll, but as big (folded) sheets. It was near the envelopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Need to post a parcel and not sure if Mr Price carries it. Anyone know where to pick up a roll?

I got some in Tiger, albeit some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭dmc17

Pretty sure you'd get rolls of that in a newsagents/stationery place

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

An Post are now doing pre paid (padded) envelopes, and boxes for parcels. These are significantly cheaper than packaging something yourself as I discovered yesterday. Brought a package in a jiffy bag yesterday, it weighed 510g for which they were going to charge me €9. I transferred it to one of their envelopes, which can weight up to 1kg, it was €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Why would you want to put your dog in a kennel on Christmas Day?

Simple. Going to in laws, can't bring dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

An Post are now doing pre paid (padded) envelopes, and boxes for parcels. These are significantly cheaper than packaging something yourself as I discovered yesterday. Brought a package in a jiffy bag yesterday, it weighed 510g for which they were going to charge me €9. I transferred it to one of their envelopes, which can weight up to 1kg, it was €6.

Thats really handy to know!

You can also buy prepaid labels online for postage all over the world on their website. It means you don't have to hang around in the post office if it's busy and you need to post something. You can print the label at home and just drop the parcel off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looking for 2 litres of white vinegar (a 5l bottle is fine) for cleaning.

Musgrave only have malt vinegar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

JohnCleary wrote: »

Try the Asian Food markets. Aroma Foods in Westside (near Aldi) usually have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Total Produce in Ballybane sell 5 litre bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Blondie919 wrote: »

Had to get some myself ended up getting loads of small bottles at 50cents each in lidl and Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Blondie919 wrote: »

Got sorted in Total Produce, thanks.

Very helpful guy on the phone, must be said. Given that it's kind of a commercial-trade style, wasn't expecting such good customer service considering the total bill came to €9 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

Would have been €1.80 for over 2L in Tesco, we usually stock up from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Got sorted in Total Produce, thanks.

Very helpful guy on the phone, must be said. Given that it's kind of a commercial-trade style, wasn't expecting such good customer service considering the total bill came to €9 :pac:

They sell to general public too but you'd have to come collect your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Buddy74 wrote: »
    Had to get some myself ended up getting loads of small bottles at 50cents each in lidl and Tesco
    Aye, Tesco works out at 80c/litre. Best deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bit of a random one here, and more difficult with places not open, but is there anywhere in the city that serves the Egg Flip drink? I don't mind if it's take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pixiehead13

Anyone know where u get hydrogen peroxide in Galway? Thanks, jim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Anyone know where u get hydrogen peroxide in Galway? Thanks, jim

Any chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Fitz* wrote: »
    Bit of a random one here, and more difficult with places not open, but is there anywhere in the city that serves the Egg Flip drink? I don't mind if it's take away.

Never heard of it, is it alcoholic? I've put in weirder requests in Buddha Bar and they always obliged

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it's anything like The Gaelic Flip it's easy to make https://www.liquor.com/recipes/gaelic-flip/

biko wrote: »
    If it's anything like The Gaelic Flip it's easy to make https://www.liquor.com/recipes/gaelic-flip/

Very similar yes, but different liquors can be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

I'm looking for somebody to 3d print an item in black ABS.
    it's approx 20cm x 15cm x 3cm.
    Anyone able to sort me out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Fitz* wrote: »

It originated in Fanny O' Deas so you're not likely to get it anywhere else. Here's the short version of the story behind it https://www.duchas.ie/en/cbes/4922332/4870939

Neady83 wrote: »
    It originated in Fanny O' Deas so you're not likely to get it anywhere else. Here's the short version of the story behind it https://www.duchas.ie/en/cbes/4922332/4870939

That's the exact place that I have got it previously!

As the old saying goes, it's unlucky to pass Fanny O Deas without calling in, and it is their speciality so I had to try it. They are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

spns2020 wrote: »
    Hello,

We are looking for 4 children's sized picnic benches for our school, does anyone know of any carpenters in Galway who would be able to make them for us? It seems difficult to find children's sized benches.
    Thanks

Check out any 'mens sheds' in your locality.
    They should be able to meet your requirements at a reasonable cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Where is the best butchers to get good sized duck breast fillets, bigger than the fillets in Aldi, Dunnes, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ozark2020

Anyone know where I could get homemade mince pies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Hi, looking for a plumber who would be available this week or early next week for a small job - to fix a leaky tap. I'm worried it will get worse over Christmas so want it fixed this week if possible. Small job I know, so looking for a plumber who could be prepared to take it on this week. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any local handyman can do it, it doesn't have to be a plumber.
    Ring anyone you find on google.

If you want to have a go yourself, it's not a difficult job

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Ozark2020 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get homemade mince pies ?

Gourmet Tart and Le Petit Delice usually sell their own mince pies. Mortons probably have some, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

biko wrote: »
    If you want to have a go yourself, it's not a difficult job

Do you remember the Fr Ted episode where he went to fix a small bump in a car and ended up wrecking the entire car. That's me. I'd probably flood the house ;-)

Thanks though biko

Advertisement