Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A jar of pickled eggs, anyone seen one anywhere?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone come across Christmas themed gift card gift boxes? Normally get them in Dunne's but they don't seem to have them this year.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Space Dog wrote: »
    Gourmet Tart and Le Petit Delice usually sell their own mince pies. Mortons probably have some, too.
    Saw some in McGreals Ballybrit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

A jar of pickled eggs, anyone seen one anywhere?.

Potentially Polonez on the Tuam Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Apart from Currys and Harvey Norman, can people recommend some places in Galway that would have a good selection of Tablets? Ideally I'm looking for a 10 inch Samsung tablet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I've always got my tablets from Argos.
    Planning another trip as soon as things calm down.

Bugatti wrote: »
    Apart from Currys and Harvey Norman, can people recommend some places in Galway that would have a good selection of Tablets? Ideally I'm looking for a 10 inch Samsung tablet

Boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone know if I can get a physical Amazon voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Tesco have a huge selection of gift cards, if it can be got it will be there I'd say

Edit: just checked they dont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can get a physical Amazon voucher?
    Be aware that Amazon.co.uk might have extra costs for us when Brexit kicks in after 1st January

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

snoopy84 wrote: »
    Tesco have a huge selection of gift cards, if it can be got it will be there I'd say

Edit: just checked they dont

Thank you for the info!

I'm not sure they'll get the voucher here on time. Doesn't matter now as Curry's have said that an item bought in Ireland can be under guarantee in England so long as she has the receipt and she can bring it to the UK store.
    xckjoo wrote: »
    Be aware that Amazon.co.uk might have extra costs for us when Brexit kicks in after 1st January

Oh dear, this will pass a lot of people by!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Oh dear, this will pass a lot of people by!

Here's what they said about it

Hello,

As you have placed an order on Amazon.co.uk and selected an EU delivery address in the past, we wanted to let you know that from 1 January 2021, when the Brexit transition period ends, you’ll see some changes when you shop on Amazon.co.uk and select an EU delivery address. These changes could include:

- VAT (or the regional equivalent, if applicable, https://www.amazon.co.uk/vatrates) being due in the country of delivery, or your package may be subject to customs duties, taxes and fees (“Import Fees”)
    - the collection of VAT, or an estimation of Import Fees (“Import Fee Deposit” https://www.amazon.co.uk/ifd), which may result in a price change at checkout.

We will continue to accept eligible returns. If the reason for return is the result of an error (e.g. if the item is defective / damaged / incorrect), any costs incurred for the return will be paid by Amazon. Otherwise, any costs incurred for the return (including transport costs, as well as any associated import fees or customs where applicable) will be payable by the person returning the goods https://www.amazon.co.uk/returnshelp.

We hope this helps and we see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk

Cheapest place to get a large quantity of rice? Don't need fancy stuff. Just cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Cheapest place to get a large quantity of rice? Don't need fancy stuff. Just cheap

Asian shops, 10kg bags is what we go for

cefh17 wrote: »
    Asian shops, 10kg bags is what we go for

Are they cheaper than going for lots of the cheapest stuff in Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Redkite200

Hi, is there anywhere in the city you can buy international postage stamps in the evening?

Can't make the post office in work hours. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Redkite200 wrote: »
    Hi, is there anywhere in the city you can buy international postage stamps in the evening?

Can't make the post office in work hours. Cheers

You can buy stamps online at https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Special-issue-stamps/Christmas-2020. Don't know if they would get to you in time though, but useful to know for future use.

I have this notion in my head that the main GPO on Eglinton St, has a machine on the outside that you can use to buy stamps, but I would need someone else to confirm this and also to confirm that you can buy international stamps from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Redkite200

tmh106 wrote: »
    You can buy stamps online at https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Special-issue-stamps/Christmas-2020. Don't know if they would get to you in time though, but useful to know for future use.

I have this notion in my head that the main GPO on Eglinton St, has a machine on the outside that you can use to buy stamps, but I would need someone else to confirm this and also to confirm that you can buy international stamps from it.

Thanks, we actually have ordered some online but they seem to have been delayed typically and we'd like to get stuff sent asap to make it in time for Christmas - so if I could buy some in a shop this evening or tomorrow in town I'd rather do that if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Are they cheaper than going for lots of the cheapest stuff in Tesco?

Might not be strictly cheaper but comparable price, better quality and handy to buy in bulk than the smaller bags. Can't remember exact prices unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭39steps

A lot of small corner shops sell small quantities of stamps, eg Newsweek beside Dunnes in Westside Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Anyone know of any Serviced / In-person Car-Wash Open Late in Galway City this evening? All that I usually go to seem to close at 6pm. Woodquay, Terryland, Carnmore..

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Hi can anyone help me find someplace that sells women's purses with the metal clasps to close? Is for an older woman so I want to get something that isn't long or full of zips.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Anywhere that sells high quality wine glasses?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anywhere that sells high quality wine glasses?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Galway Crystal or upstairs in the homewares dept of Meubles could be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi can anyone help me find someplace that sells women's purses with the metal clasps to close? Is for an older woman so I want to get something that isn't long or full of zips.

Thanks
    mishnoc.com can make a bespoke one for you.
    Otherwise try TKMaxx and Debehams perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

biko wrote: »
    mishnoc.com can make a bespoke one for you.
    Otherwise try TKMaxx and Debehams perhaps.

Debenhams is closed. TK Maxx is a good suggestion. Or Marks and Spencer’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

where are peoples favourite places for bread?

need to get some for christmas and was considering Éan where cactus jacks used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Lauras Law

Anyone know where I might be able to get a motorised foot spa in Galway? I ordered one a week ago in Argos, it was supposed to be in store for me between the 16th and 19th but still hasnt arrived. So I think I need to look for an alternative one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Lauras Law wrote: »
    Anyone know where I might be able to get a motorised foot spa in Galway? I ordered one a week ago in Argos, it was supposed to be in store for me between the 16th and 19th but still hasnt arrived. So I think I need to look for an alternative one!

https://www.boots.ie/homedics-luxury-foldaway-footspa-fb350-10214984

This one is in stock in both the Shop Street and Knocknacarra stores according to their website.

Advertisement