Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

You can bring it to Citybin in Oranmore.
    I think they are still advertising their CityJunk collection service for Christmas Trees too in the Advertiser.

They seem to have finished the tree collections, not on the list of items to book. Oranmore is well beyond our 5km. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Not looking for something per se, but has anyone been to the M&S foodhall in Galway recently and is it well-stocked (again)? I've seen that other stores barely had anything on the shelves at the start of the month. Would like to get a few bits but I'm not sure it's worth going in if they're not getting their usual supplies in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Yeah, they're pretty well stocked. They don't have chunks of a few ranges but all in all it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

QikBax wrote: »
    Yeah, they're pretty well stocked. They don't have chunks of a few ranges but all in all it's not too bad.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

I'm looking for a few sandbags (filled). The likes of Woodies, B&Q don't seem to do them. Anyone know where I might get some?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Ludikrus wrote: »
    I'm looking for a few sandbags (filled). The likes of Woodies, B&Q don't seem to do them. Anyone know where I might get some?

https://www.safetydirect.ie/dsp6566.html
    They're out on the Tuam Rd before the Trappers, if you're heading out of town. Not sure how they're operating with Level 5 etc. but I'm assuming you could at least click and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,362 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ludikrus wrote: »

If you're in a flood area contact the council and they will probably throw you a few.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anyone recommend a women's tailor, if any even exist around here?.

Anyone recommend a women's tailor, if any even exist around here?.

A seamstress you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A seamstress you mean?

No, to make a suit for a female, I can only find some in Dublin and wondered was there anyone more local.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

No, to make a suit for a female, I can only find some in Dublin and wondered was there anyone more local.

The name escapes me, but the tailor over the bistro just beside the Augustin Church did some work like that for us, the menswear place on Eglington St might have some info either.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I would think any regular tailor would be able to do that. It's the same job, (making/modifying a suit to fit the wearer) just a slight variation on the task.

The tailor mentioned below is good. There is also one down in Woodquay but the name escapes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Anywhere I can get a decent dart board please?
    Thanks
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anywhere I can get a decent dart board please?
    Thanks
    Pa

I got mine in Argos a few years back, I seem to remember there was a great selection. I'd say Elverys would have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Hi fellow Boardsies ...

I urgently need my gutters cleaned - I live in the Roscam area - and am looking for recommendations here.
    If you can recommend a solid craftsperson that is reliable, does a good job and affordable please PM me :)

Thanks,
    Stone

Hi,
    Looking for someone to repair my oven- the fan makes a head wrecking noise half the time.

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭zell12

How much do Chat&Net charge for printing A4 sheets?
    Any other location recommendations?

Libraries are closed for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

zell12 wrote: »

Blueprints express will print for you in Liosban, just need to send them the docs.

Blueprints express will print for you in Liosban, just need to send them the docs.
    They need to advertise better, 10c/page is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They need to advertise better, 10c/page is good

I think they have a €5 minimum order.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Got stung with Chat&Net, the price per page isn't much (not 100% sure but I think 20c) but they wouldn't print off a USB for me, they told me to use one of the computers and send it to the printer and then charged me for using the computer so instead of 40c for 2 pages I think I was charged 1.40. I have not been back since.

Isupply on Sea Road are good, I think 20c per page too but I imagine they have volume discounts, if you're printing more than a few sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got stung with Chat&Net, the price per page isn't much (not 100% sure but I think 20c) but they wouldn't print off a USB for me, they told me to use one of the computers and send it to the printer and then charged me for using the computer so instead of 40c for 2 pages I think I was charged 1.40. I have not been back since.

Isupply on Sea Road are good, I think 20c per page too but I imagine they have volume discounts, if you're printing more than a few sheets

Isupply on sea road closed ages ago, I don't think their Ballyban/ Town branches do page printing.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Honestly, there is a market there for printing from USB.
    The (shut) libraries have kiosk machines at 20c/page, more are needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭jkforde

Honestly, there is a market there for printing from USB.
    The (shut) libraries have kiosk machines at 20c/page, more are needed

I used to email docs to Jaycee on Abbeygate St. and just pick them up, maybe consider it.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    I used to email docs to Jaycee on Abbeygate St. and just pick them up, maybe consider it.
    They appear to be closed for C19, but they do have a print kiosk
    This is a prepay PIN card service. PIN cards are sold in denominations of €2, €10 and €20.
    A4 B&W copy/prints @ 10c/side, A4 Colour copy/prints @ 30c/side, A4 scans @ 5c/side.
    http://jayceeprint.com/document-printing

Some hotels might do it for you. Phone reception & be nice.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Some hotels might do it for you. Phone reception & be nice.
    They be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

They be closed.

A lot are still open for "essential stays" (e.g., essential work etc). Harbour Hotel for one, Clayton out by Ballybrit I think too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭39steps

Try Right Price Ink on Dominick Street. You can email docs to them for printing and collect from the door.

Advertisement