Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Any supermarkets or off-licences selling mini beer kegs around Galway at the moment? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone know when the Guarda (unclaimed) bike sale is? or where?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Anyone know where i can get led rechargable (by usb cable) candles in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Where to have strimmers serviced? in the city or within 5k?

He's taken an irrational dislike to the business in rahoon.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,879 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Bredabe wrote: »

Maybe not irrational. I would agree with him 🙂 It's very difficult to find good people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

This crowd maybe?

I don't know anything about them other than passing them and seeing the sign

xckjoo wrote: »
    Does anywhere sell plantains?
    I think you can use unripe bananas as a substitute but wondering if I can pick up the real thing

I always used to get them in the Asian shops. Pretty sure it was the one in Terryland!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

I'm looking for mdf panels that have lines routed into them so they look like tongue and groove when they're put up. Sometimes called v-groove mdf panels. Have found them in Dublin but can't seem to find in Galway. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

JW Tools in Oranmore.

Nice people and reliable. These attributes can be hard to find!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I'm looking for mdf panels that have lines routed into them so they look like tongue and groove when they're put up. Sometimes called v-groove mdf panels. Have found them in Dublin but can't seem to find in Galway. Thanks.

Have not noticed them for sale.
    However, if critical, you could ask Woodcut in Liosban on option of making some up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

There's water raining down our kitchen ceiling and we can't even tell which upstairs loo is the culprit. I need to get a plumber out quick to investigate. Anyone have a recommendation please?

There's water raining down our kitchen ceiling and we can't even tell which upstairs loo is the culprit. I need to get a plumber out quick to investigate. Anyone have a recommendation please?

I recommend you get some buckets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Galway Plumbing Solutions are good to come out quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Run your hand along area of the bathroom where water might come out. Like the pipes going into the sink. It's a good chance the pipe is exposed if it's leaking that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

cat5e cable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭ratracer

B Rabbit wrote: »
    cat5e cable ?

Screwfix, eastern electric, ct electric are all open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

B Rabbit wrote: »
    cat5e cable ?

Flaherty Markets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Looking for someone that could fix a power washer I bought in Aldi? Would Ivor’s have a look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,362 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Looking for someone that could fix a power washer I bought in Aldi? Would Ivor’s have a look at it?

Most Aldi stuff has a three year guarantee. Try bringing it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Most Aldi stuff has a three year guarantee. Try bringing it back.

I have no receipt or nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,362 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I have no receipt or nothing.

If you paid by card your statement might suffice. Also it would be their own brand so you obviously didn't buy it anywhere else.
    They can be very good with this type of thing of you get talking to the right person. No harm in trying anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

You can go outside 5k to shop. It’s arguable that the closer one didn’t have what you needed. A friend had a voucher for somewhere too so had to use that. Once you don’t take the proverbial I think it’s grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Ivors won't generally touch Aldi stuff from what I've seen. Not worth the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

xckjoo wrote: »
    Ivors won't generally touch Aldi stuff from what I've seen. Not worth the hassle

Even if they did it would probably be more expensive than the item originally cost.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

inisboffin wrote: »
    Once you don’t take the proverbial I think it’s grand.

There's a guy that fixes up strimmers just off the main beach in Santa Ponsa. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Looking for a builder to widen a patio doorway and outside step. Recommendations for Galway City would be very welcome.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Gatica wrote: »
    Looking for a builder to widen a patio doorway and outside step. Recommendations for Galway City would be very welcome.

Thanks!

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭weshtawake

Anyone recommend an acoustic engineer in Galway or environs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Next to Ken horans in kilcolgan village,Mike qualter garden machinery sales and repair.

Advertisement