Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Looking for clear glass or acrylic sheets that can be cut/made to specific measurements if there's anyone in Galway doing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

sgthighway wrote: »
    Pat Connaughton is your man. True professional.
    http://galwaysat.com/gs_contacts.html

Seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Looking for clear glass or acrylic sheets that can be cut/made to specific measurements if there's anyone in Galway doing them?

Not sure what dimensions they do but try this crowd.
    http://www.glassandmirrordesigns.ie
    I broke a glass shelve in the fridge. The one with rough finish. They were very responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Seconded

Thirded!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Can anyone recommend a reliable electrician in Galway city - need to get a tails upgrade and house retested and certified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Decent company for a new back door. Looking for a company that's nice to deal with and good customer service.
    Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Are there any food delivery services that take orders over the phone ,left here?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Are there any food delivery services that take orders over the phone ,left here?

Like take away food or grocery food?

Like take away food or grocery food?[/QU
    Take out food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

A lot of them do but use Deliveroo/Just-Eat because that's where people go to look. I'm sure they're happier to take a direct order since they won't have to give the other companies a cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Oslo and Papa Rich take phone orders. I'm sure others do too.

Like take away food or grocery food?[/QU
    Take out food.

I know the Asian tea house take orders over the phone. WhatsApp your order and they call u back to pay.

xckjoo wrote: »
    A lot of them do but use Deliveroo/Just-Eat because that's where people go to look. I'm sure they're happier to take a direct order since they won't have to give the other companies a cut

You would think, but the service said it had to be done in-app or online, which was impossible at that time and will be again.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Hey guys does anybody know of clubs/gyms doing boxfit - boxexercise classes?? For begginers.. possibly females only classea

You would think, but the service said it had to be done in-app or online, which was impossible at that time and will be again.

Ya some seem to do the direct orders and others don't. It might be the ones that have their own drivers or something. Not sure if there's an easy way to tell.
    Julan julan do anyway and the likes of dominos

Itainire wrote: »
    Hey guys does anybody know of clubs/gyms doing boxfit - boxexercise classes?? For begginers.. possibly females only classea
    Don Naughton does that kind of thing. Don't think there's female only classes but it's mainly women in the groups any time I've went.
    https://www.donsfitnessgalway.com/

Don't know if these are open at the moment, but does anyone know any boxing clubs on the East Side of the city.

Don't know if these are open at the moment, but does anyone know any boxing clubs on the East Side of the city.

This crowd look to be in Parkmore https://celticeaglesgalway.com/. Dunno anything about them. Just did a Google. I thought there's another one in that area but not finding it.
    Looks like there's more options if you are willing to use the legs too. There's a few kickboxing and Muay Thai clubs on that side of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

looking for help installing a webcam for by business and screening it on the website. anyone local do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

looking for help installing a webcam for by business and screening it on the website. anyone local do this?
    If you have a website then it's really the person who controls the website who will do the work.

Installing a webcam is easy compared to getting it to show on your business website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Any recommendation for someone to service an oil boiler out Athenry side?
    Guy I used to get has retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

biko wrote: »
    If you have a website then it's really the person who controls the website who will do the work.

Installing a webcam is easy compared to getting it to show on your business website.

thats a great help. thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

aw wrote: »
    Any recommendation for someone to service an oil boiler out Athenry side?
    Guy I used to get has retired.

PM sent.

General question for all: I'm unsure for requests such as this whether I should just do a public reply with the person's name and number. On the one hand it would be helpful for others here who may be looking for the same service and it gives the person in question some publicity. On the other hand, I don't have the person's permission to publish their number and I don't know for sure if they would welcome the publicity. So to be safe, I send a PM to the person asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Hi all,

Looking for a small garage around the city that will do an oil and filter change for me.

I have both items already but I know some garages won't fit parts you supply yourself.

Just looking for someone to pop them in without charging silly money.

I could do it myself but I like to keep the stamps going in the service book for the next owner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Feria40 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for a small garage around the city that will do an oil and filter change for me.

I have both items already but I know some garages won't fit parts you supply yourself.

Just looking for someone to pop them in without charging silly money.

I could do it myself but I like to keep the stamps going in the service book for the next owner :)

Mps lisbaun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Can someone recommend a good car valet service.
    It's gotten quite filthy inside ( an odd side consequence of the pandemic) and needs a thorough cleaning.
    In the city or suburbs preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭mjp

Can anyone recommend where to bring my 2 year old son for his first haircut in Galway city . Is there anywhere that caters specifically for kids ? Will try middle of week during the day when not too busy hopefully as could be a nightmare getting him to stay still.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

mjp wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend where to bring my 2 year old son for his first haircut in Galway city . Is there anywhere that caters specifically for kids ? Will try middle of week during the day when not too busy hopefully as could be a nightmare getting him to stay still.

Brought my fella to Reggie Healy's yesterday morning, I don't know anywhere that specifically carers to kids cuts. The girls in there are lovely. Now he likes getting his cut cos he knows he'll get a lollypop after so I suppose it's different with all of them.

Looking for oxalic acid (sometimes marketed as wood bleach). Had a look on woodies and b&q and neither seem to do it. Was wondering if anyone knows of any chemists,hardware shops, etc that sell it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Looking for oxalic acid (sometimes marketed as wood bleach). Had a look on woodies and b&q and neither seem to do it. Was wondering if anyone knows of any chemists,hardware shops, etc that sell it

Screwfix ballybane

Advertisement