Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

PMs sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Does anyone know if ultrasonic dog teeth cleaning is available anywhere now?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Who does the best Croissants in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

PCeeeee wrote: »

My personal favourite is La Petite Delice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

My personal favourite is La Petite Delice.

I'd agree. Gourmet Tart used to be good but they've changed a lot of their recipes and they've made their ones way smaller and not as nice. Not sure if Éan do a plain croissant but everything else they do is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Hi, I'm looking to get my very special Aaran cardigan repaired. My now passed mam knit it for me 30 years ago. The cuffs are fraying and I would like to get it fixed decently before it unravels. I'm Bohermore based so from Tuam road into town, if ye know of anyone who would treat it with love I would be delighted to have their contact details. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 1BDI

PCeeeee wrote: »

Éan's almond croissant is out of this world with the multi-layered flakey inside and crunchy outside of a perfect croissant (IMO). Pretty sure they do plain croissants also.

Hi can anyone recommend a nice quietish spot in Galway for a nice place to swim, don't mind driving a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,801 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dangan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Hi can anyone recommend a nice quietish spot in Galway for a nice place to swim, don't mind driving a little.

Tarrea pier, kilcolgan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Stewball

Anyone know of someone who wall mounts TVs?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Rusheen Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Wiggywiggle

Stewball wrote: »
    Anyone know of someone who wall mounts TVs?

Most handy(man/woman/gender neutral)person

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭blackeyes

Hi,
    Looking to build a garden wall and 2 pillars to the side of our house with gap for gates. Anyone have any recommendations for a bricklayer or someone capable of the task? I'd be grateful if you could PM me if you do.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Stewball

Most handy(man/woman/gender neutral)person

Anyone know a good handy(man/woman/gender neutral) person?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

If you drive out past Spiddal there are lots of quite beaches - watch for the signposts off main road, usually boreens down to them. Usually never more than a few people on them, you may even be the only person there.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Is there anyone who will source and fit a tow bar for a good price? Maybe a second hand one?

I've been quoted E650 for a tow bar but the car is nearly 10 years old and we only want to put a few bikes on the back so I just can't justify that price. Tx.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is there anyone who will source and fit a tow bar for a good price? Maybe a second hand one?

I've been quoted E650 for a tow bar but the car is nearly 10 years old and we only want to put a few bikes on the back so I just can't justify that price. Tx.

Check out Calbro exhaust centre on the Tuam Rd, they supply and fit tow bars

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Earlier in the year I bought a tow bar for my older car from a breaker on Donedeal.
    €95 delivered inc. electrics.
    My independent garage (Holland's of Athenry) fitted it for me while it was in for a normal service. Was only a couple of hours labour extra.
    You mightn't want the hassle of buying it yourself, but it is a good option and might be easily done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Hi, I was wondering does anyone know what time the Aldi in oranmore opens in the morning? Checked the website and says 9 but on the store finder it says 8am. Thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭motley

I would recommend Premium Towbars. Good value and come to your house to do the job too!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Wiggywiggle

Best places to buy grinded coffee beans? I heard calander coffee is good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'd recommend both of these:

https://3fe.com/
    https://badgeranddodo.ie/

Matt's Sandwiches do bags of Barn coffee which I'd highly recommend trying. Not cheap though. Saw them in Ground & Co in Salthill the last time I was in too.

Worth picking up a cheap burr grinder and getting whole beans but that's probably a topic for another forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I've been buying my coffee from 3fe.ie and cloudpicker.ie for the last while. 3fe only roast the beans the morning after you order them and ship it the following day. Arrives very quick.

Urban Grind also sell 3fe coffee and will grind it for you when you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Best places to buy grinded coffee beans? I heard calander coffee is good

You could order from directly from calendar https://calendarcoffee.ie/
    Eán and the Barista Bus guy use their coffee if you want to try it first. It's
    As someone else mentioned you can get 3fe coffee from Urban Grind and they'll grind the beans for whatever type of machine you use at home. I don't think it was any more expensive than ordering the same size bag at home.
    Personally I like the Calendar coffee the best but 3fe and the others mentioned aren't far behind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Will be in Galway city for a couple of days next week with work and we would like to have a few pints if the weather is good and was wondering where would be best with a decent beer garden and we can book a table .
    Probably 4 or 5 of us ..
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭ratracer

harr wrote: »
    Will be in Galway city for a couple of days next week with work and we would like to have a few pints if the weather is good and was wondering where would be best with a decent beer garden and we can book a table .
    Probably 4 or 5 of us ..
    Thanks

You will have loads of options. Where are you staying?
    In Eyre Square, O’Connells is class, the Púcan around the corner. I think the Skeff have tables out in the square.
    A whole new outdoor area opening up down in Woodquay with plenty of pubs down there, or head for the West End towards Monroe’s, Taylors etc. A bit of fine weather, the craic will be mighty regardless of what days you are out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

ratracer wrote: »
    You will have loads of options. Where are you staying?
    In Eyre Square, O’Connells is class, the Púcan around the corner. I think the Skeff have tables out in the square.
    A whole new outdoor area opening up down in Woodquay with plenty of pubs down there, or head for the West End towards Monroe’s, Taylors etc. A bit of fine weather, the craic will be mighty regardless of what days you are out.

We are booked into the Hardiman on Eyre square so any where around town would suit . Thanks for the suggestions

Advertisement