Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Hi

Is anyone in Galway doing any classes like cross fit or similar outdoors?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Anyone know if any Aldi store still have the rucksack is stock?

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Hi all. Looking for recommendations please for a painter to paint our house (exterior). In the city. Looking for someone who does a quality job, happy to pay fair price for that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

Hi all,

I'm looking for a recommendation for someone the fix a gate in North County Galway. It's a non-electric residential gate.

We bought the house in 2019 and one of the hinges on the gate was warped when we moved in. It looks like a car may have hit into it. Anyway the warped hing makes it very difficult to open or the close the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

tmh106 wrote: »
    Hi all. Looking for recommendations please for a painter to paint our house (exterior). Looking for someone who does a quality job, happy to pay fair price for that. Thanks.

It may help to also be a bit a more specific about your location as different painters would cover different areas.

• Advertisement

tmh106 wrote: »
    Hi all. Looking for recommendations please for a painter to paint our house (exterior). In the city. Looking for someone who does a quality job, happy to pay fair price for that. Thanks.
    It may help to also be a bit a more specific about your location as different painters would cover different areas.

Thanks. In the city. Updated the original reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Does anyone know where to find anchovy stuffed Spanish olives? I'm pretending I'm on holiday this week and it's one of my favourite things to get in Spain. :D

I'm thinking the market, Sheridans, or MacCambridges might? anywhere else have nice olives?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Does anyone know where to find anchovy stuffed Spanish olives? I'm pretending I'm on holiday this week and it's one of my favourite things to get in Spain. :D

I'm thinking the market, Sheridans, or MacCambridges might? anywhere else have nice olives?

Yes, that one stall at the market does have very nice stuffed olives. No clue if they're Spanish though!

Hi,
    Looking for an electrician to install an electric shower in East side of the city. (have a plumber already).
    Thanks
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for an electrician to install an electric shower in East side of the city. (have a plumber already).
    Thanks
    Pa

With jobs like this sometimes your better off asking the plumber you have if he knows anyone. Might be easier for him to organise with a mate to do both jobs than you trying to coordinate 2 trades yourself.

• Advertisement

With jobs like this sometimes your better off asking the plumber you have if he knows anyone. Might be easier for him to organise with a mate to do both jobs than you trying to coordinate 2 trades yourself.

Cheers, I've already asked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Cheers, I've already asked him.

I see one from Knocknacarra advertising on Adverts now, know nothing about him though.

https://www.adverts.ie/electricians/electrician/24202945

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭weshtawake

Recommendation for a good & reasonable Tax Adviser in the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Use PM ^^^

weshtawake, you might get some answers in Tax forum

Hi everyone.

Looking for recommendations for someone to replace the gutters on our house. We are in Galway city. Thanks.

Hi,
    Looking for a picnic blanket, one that has waterproof material on the reverse side to prevent it getting wet.

Ideally one that has velcro/similar for easy carrying.
    Thanks
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

might be a silly question but do the buses still take cash or can i pay by contactless payment ? do kids go free also ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

might be a silly question but do the buses still take cash or can i pay by contactless payment ? do kids go free also ?

Cash and leap cards, no facility for contactless that I am aware of, toddler age children are free with BE I don't know about City Direct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Hi,
    Looking for a picnic blanket, one that has waterproof material on the reverse side to prevent it getting wet.

Thanks
    Pa

I'd say the outdoors shops would have what you're after. Is Great Outdoors still around? Sorry I haven't been in the city in ages so not sure but Galway used to have plenty of outdoors shops. Someone else might be able to confirm what's still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I'd say the outdoors shops would have what you're after. Is Great Outdoors still around? Sorry I haven't been in the city in ages so not sure but Galway used to have plenty of outdoors shops. Someone else might be able to confirm what's still open.

There's Outback Jacks in the Ballybane Industrial Estate ( just off Bothar na dTreabh. Outside the city so there's plenty of free parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Hi,

Thanks
    Pa

https://www.aldi.ie/navy-herringbone-picnic-blanket/p/711896480565502

Aldi were doing picnic/outdoor stuff recently. Could be gone by now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Hi,

Thanks
    Pa

Regatta have a full page ad in the Advertiser for Staycation equipment. One of the offers is a picnic blanket for €17.50

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Halfords have a picnic blanket for e12
    or Homestore may have this fleece one
    https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/search?q=picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I'm looking for a caterer for a group of 20-30 ( when we're allowed).
    Finger food buffet sort of thing. Any recommendations appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Ground & Co, Salthill.
    I see they've prices on the menu which is handy.

zell12 wrote: »
    Halfords have a picnic blanket for e12
    or Homestore may have this fleece one
    https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/search?q=picnic

Cheers,Halfords is the biggest one, reserved one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Looking for dark clothes dye, machine use. Anyone know if they are sold in the Niall lodge-Knocnacarra area?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dunnes/Tesco/Supervalu sell Dylon Velvet Black 350g for e7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

Pubs in the city with outdoor TV to watch the hurling tomorrow? Pucan will be booked/full. Taylors probably similar. Can't think of many with outdoor TV set up

• Advertisement

Treat, Claregalway, Cava, The Old Barracks, Athenry

Advertisement