Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Asiatic shop off shop street does really good deals on meat they might have some prawns (not sure as I don't look for them as I'm allergic to seafood)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Can anyone recommend a good dog minder or kennels in Galway or West Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

I've used a couple but mainly south Galway. One lady i've used for years & only use others when she's full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I've used a couple but mainly south Galway. One lady i've used for years & only use others when she's full.

Have you a name for her Happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good dog minder or kennels in Galway or West Galway?

kennels in killannin between oughterard and moycullen. can recommend, lovely people, dogs always look happy there! Killannin Kennels, I think

• Advertisement

I'll dig it out now & pm you. she's a doggy person if you know what I mean, helps out with dog charities adopting abandoned dogs and such. I personally prefer her to some big kennels. Anyway I'll get info to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

hey Red Pepper, sent you a pm there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Anywhere I can buy chunks of Tree-trunks in City or County?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Anywhere I can buy chunks of Tree-trunks in City or County?
    Try the sawmills maybe Cahills in Gort might help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Looking to get mam a counter-top mixer for Xmas and was wondering where the best place to get one is??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Ryans homestore have a good selection but can be pricey enough http://www.anthonyryans.com/homewares.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Want to get a golf related present for somebody, thinking either lessons (far as I know even competent golfers can take lessons to shave a few strokes off? not just for beginners basically?) or a voucher for something like a driving range. Can anyone recommend anything in Galway? I think the Glenlo Abbey sell digital cards for the driving range, is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Anyone know somewhere to get an old photo restored in Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

RubyGirl wrote: »

There's a photo studio by Wood Quay near the Town Hall theatre. They have a notice in the window offering this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sardino

RubyGirl wrote: »

FahyFoto are excellent at this. Check out their website as they are solely online now I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I'm looking for wick material and coil wire for my vaping device. I'd be very grateful if you'd tell me if any vaping shop in Galway stocks them?

Anyone know the best deal on coal in or around the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

bagels wrote: »
    I'm looking for wick material and coil wire for my vaping device. I'd be very grateful if you'd tell me if any vaping shop in Galway stocks them?

I know nothing about this (your post might as well be in Greek!) But there's an e-cig store on Eglinton Street, maybe that would be a place to investigate.

https://www.facebook.com/onlineecigshop

Eeden wrote: »
    I know nothing about this (your post might as well be in Greek!) But there's an e-cig store on Eglinton Street, maybe that would be a place to investigate.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Eeden wrote: »

Same as, but was going to suggest there too. If you have no luck, there is a place across from the hospital (ironic or what) that's supposed to be state of the art for that stuff.
    Personally I prefer the real thing.

Anyone know the best deal on coal in or around the city?

Best deal for stove coal?

Supertherm best in my experience but hard to get regularly in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a dedicated thread for that here
    Coal, turf, briquettes and firewood, where to get?

Same as, but was going to suggest there too. If you have no luck, there is a place across from the hospital (ironic or what) that's supposed to be state of the art for that stuff.
    Personally I prefer the real thing.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

a 22mm o2 sensor socket.

halfords don't have it.

going around to check the car parts shops later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Cheapest place in Galway to get a large batch of laundry washed and dried? No ironing or dry cleaning required...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Looking for a restaurant other than High Cafe on High Street or Florence on Abbeygate Street, with good food in Galway that has no corkage charge. Its for a meal with a few friends.

J o e wrote: »
    Cheapest place in Galway to get a large batch of laundry washed and dried? No ironing or dry cleaning required...

Check the classifieds in the free papers, Galway Independent and Galway Advertiser. They sometimes have advertisements for these services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

anyone able to recommend a place I could get an obnoxiously large and tasty full Irish breakfast for a reasonable price up to about noon? Seeing a French girl atm and want to see her reaction to an especially large one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

anyone able to recommend a place I could get an obnoxiously large and tasty full Irish breakfast for a reasonable price up to about noon? Seeing a French girl atm and want to see her reaction to an especially large one :D

Belly buster in freenies in salthill. Can't go wrong.

Advertisement