Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Feeney's cafe is it? Meant to specify near enough to the city centre but that's near enough to me!

Able to give an idea of the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

I think its about €8 for a belly buster. and €6 for the mini (just add chips and u have a mini belly buster). That's give or take a euro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Any place to buy used steel shelving, say 3' wide 1' deep 6' high ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Any place to buy used steel shelving, say 3' wide 1' deep 6' high ?

Not exactly in Galway but there's a crowd between Balllnalsoe and Athlone that sell various types of shelving. Google duffydiscount. Not sure if they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

cocoman wrote: »
    Not exactly in Galway but there's a crowd between Balllnalsoe and Athlone that sell various types of shelving. Google duffydiscount. Not sure if they deliver.

I think they're gone out of business recently :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

T0001 wrote: »
    I think they're gone out of business recently :(

Well their website is still up http://www.duffydiscount.com/, nice gear but more than I wanted to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Marchef

Anyone know the best deal on coal in or around the city?

Not in city but mace in Kilcolgan has 40 kg bag for €13.80

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Marchef wrote: »
    Not in city but mace in Kilcolgan has 40 kg bag for €13.80

Is it polish coal?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Large waterbutts in Galway ? where is the best deal ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I'm looking for someone to do a small soldering job on a watch bracelet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'm looking for someone to do a small soldering job on a watch bracelet.

Faller's Jewellers on Shop St. used to do this kind of work - might be worth popping in and asking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Large waterbutts in Galway ? where is the best deal ?:confused:

Be careful with what kind you chose. Apparently Irish Water will be insisting they be regulated and that they pass muster with their guidelines!T'was in the paper the other day to ring to discuss your water butt choices with them so they could advise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

^ Nonsense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Be careful with what kind you chose. Apparently Irish Water will be insisting they be regulated and that they pass muster with their guidelines!T'was in the paper the other day to ring to discuss your water butt choices with them so they could advise you.

I think you may be confusing water harvesting tanks (capturing and storing rainwater for human consumption) and a water butt (capturing rainwater fro watering garden and the like). Water butt can be pretty much any barrel placed under the downpipe - no regulation required.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Anyone know where to get a HP laptop charger in town? Argos out of stock.

Cheers

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Mr. G wrote: »

Cheers
    I would try Lapteck near McSwiggans. They're bound to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Mr. G wrote: »

Cheers

Got one in PC World.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Got one in PC World.

How much out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Where in the city would I get good hiking boots, Salomon quest, Vasque and the like? I've checked the great outdoors and river deep mountain high.... No joy in either place. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Where in the city would I get good hiking boots, Salomon quest, Vasque and the like? I've checked the great outdoors and river deep mountain high.... No joy in either place. Thanks.

You could try portwest but doubt they'll have them bbrands

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I would try Lapteck near McSwiggans. They're bound to have one.

Cheers

I managed to get sorted. Rang HP and they said they would send me a replacement one for free as it was in warranty.

I tried a few places in town, none of which had my specific charger. It seems that there used to be just a basic type of charger for HP laptops but in recent years the newer models have different sizes and voltages. Getting it online from Ireland was a bit of a hassle too. Was surprised how easy HP were over the phone. Never left on hold, no waiting at all.

Anything from €20 - €80 from what I could see. Some places had spare chargers lying around which would be cheaper than the universal ones. Argos were out of stock of the cheaper €52 ones. I even tried Maplins :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Does anyone know where in Galway I might be able to get my hands on a Chinese or Japanese newspaper? Content is pretty irrelevant, I need shredded Asian newspaper, ideally Chinese and/or Japanese.

Is this the weirdest request asked on this thread? :D
    ...4am in the morning too, yeesh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Let me guess..? You got a new dog, a Shih Tzu and you want to make it feel at home??

Serious answer is call into one of the ethnic restaurants and I'm sure they will sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Or try Easons, they have a selection of regional and international newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

About €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Does anyone know where in Galway I might be able to get my hands on a Chinese or Japanese newspaper? Content is pretty irrelevant, I need shredded Asian newspaper, ideally Chinese and/or Japanese.

Is this the weirdest request asked on this thread? :D
    ...4am in the morning too, yeesh :o

Making some powersauce bars?

Powersauce.jpg

Some of the asian shops might be able to help you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone know of an oil company that might empty my oil tank and then put it back into a new tank? I need to buy a new oil tank so I would be happy to buy the tank off them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭puddles59

Hi all , i'm looking for a labgear remote control for my saor view box. I would be very grateful if anyone has one ...... I have tried all the usual suppliers Peter murphy's Peter Curran etc.Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    I don't know what it is but it sounds like something you might find in Maplin. Probably expensive though.

Advertisement