Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

hoody wrote: »
    Does anyone know if many places are open late on Wednesday this week - want to close out the present shopping but avoid the crowds on Thursday!

Id doubt many would be open, depends what youre buying really.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Id doubt many would be open, depends what youre buying really.

epic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Does anyone know if many places are open late on Wednesday this week - want to close out the present shopping but avoid the crowds on Thursday!

Smyths Toys are open late every night. Pennys was open until 9pm tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Boots usually open late coming up to Christmas. Phone first to check though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Anybody know where you'd get Elf ears? (for an adult)
    TIA :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Anyone know anywhere in Galway you can get those blankets that have sleeves?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Hi everyone,

Not really a "where to get x", but I was wondering if people knew who the big groups of runners that ply their trade along Seamus Quirke Road/Westside are? Always wear Hi-Vis jackets and have different speed groups.

Would love to get involved!

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Not really a "where to get x", but I was wondering if people knew who the big groups of runners that ply their trade along Seamus Quirke Road/Westside are? Always wear Hi-Vis jackets and have different speed groups.

Would love to get involved!

Thanks.

http://www.galwaycityharriers.com/category/senior/fit4life

On that link it says:
    Next start date for Beginners to Fit4Life is Monday 12th January 2015. 7pm Westside Library. Any queries to Bernie 087-7504066

Anyone know anywhere in Galway you can get those blankets that have sleeves?

Maybe try Dunnes, Pennys, Homestore + More?

Maybe try Dunnes, Pennys, Homestore + More?

Isn't the idea that someone may actually know where to get them?
    Or are we just sending people to all the usual suspects on what may well be a wild goose chase?

I asked around & there is a pop-up shop (puf) on abbeygate st that sells them if your still looking

• Advertisement

Isn't the idea that someone may actually know where to get them?
    Or are we just sending people to all the usual suspects on what may well be a wild goose chase?

And here was me trying to be helpful.... I just won't bother then next time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

And here was me trying to be helpful.... I just won't bother then next time :rolleyes:

Being helpful on the internet is generally frowned upon ;)

Why don't you try penny's or Dunnes for that ? maybe Homestore:rolleyes:

Why don't you try penny's or Dunnes for that ? maybe Homestore:rolleyes:

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning or something? :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Back on track please

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sober Too

I am looking for a photo booth in Galway City ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Sober Too wrote: »

Tesco headford road I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Anyone know where I could pick up a cheap basket for a hamper? I'm ending up making my own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Delicia

ArtyC wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could pick up a cheap basket for a hamper? I'm ending up making my own :)

Aldi in Westside had them yesterday for €10. The cellophane wrap & tissue was also included

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Sober Too wrote: »

Beside M&S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

looking for my phone!

lost it last night somewhere in the city. I think either outside the 4 Aces, or else in a taxi. It's a OnePlus One phone, so pretty distinctive as they are not exactly very popular here as they can't be bought. if someone took it & tries to sell it on like, it would be easy spot. Big black phone with a sandstone cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Has anyone seen Christmas butter in town? It's just regular butter but comes in a Xmas wrapper. I want to get it as a jokey present.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Hi. Can anyone recommend a good house insulation company in Galway. I would like to get our attic and walls pumped. I'm not sure whether to go the beads or fibre route so if someone could let me know what there experiences are of either I would be very grateful. Also what would the approximate costs be for a detached dormer house (2900sq ft) with both attic and external walls done?

Thank you,

GG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Hi. Can anyone recommend a good house insulation company in Galway. I would like to get our attic and walls pumped. I'm not sure whether to go the beads or fibre route so if someone could let me know what there experiences are of either I would be very grateful. Also what would the approximate costs be for a detached dormer house (2900sq ft) with both attic and external walls done?

Thank you,

GG

You can apply for a grant for this.

https://hes.seai.ie/GrantProcess/ContractorSearch.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I'm looking for a proper PC chair. (not something from Argos)

Something along the lines of this; http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/20103101/

Any recommendations for a place in Galway with a good selection of PC chairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

I'm looking for a proper PC chair. (not something from Argos)

Something along the lines of this; http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/20103101/

Any recommendations for a place in Galway with a good selection of PC chairs?

There's an office supply shop beside Maxol in lower Salthill that I believe stock office chairs. Staples out in Lisbaun might be a good bet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Where can i get decent Avocado's in Galway at the moment,joyces and elsewhere only seem to have those very unripe green ones,cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

b.gud wrote: »
    There's an office supply shop beside Maxol in lower Salthill that I believe stock office chairs. Staples out in Lisbaun might be a good bet too.
    Noted and will check them out.

Anybody got any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Brilliant.

Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

gavkm27 wrote: »
    Where can i get decent Avocado's in Galway at the moment,joyces and elsewhere only seem to have those very unripe green ones,cheers!

Terryland fruit & veg

Advertisement