Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nikita28

I am looking for spice jars labels, anyone seen them somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

gavkm27 wrote: »
    Where can i get decent Avocado's in Galway at the moment,joyces and elsewhere only seem to have those very unripe green ones,cheers!

Tesco do a lovely double pack of 'ripe and ready' avocados. The are creamy and completely yum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭gene_slackman

could someone please recommend a good painter , need to get the inside of the house done

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

I have looked in two Dunnes and Tescos for the Tub of Celebration mini sweets - and no one has them, anyone know where to get them in the city?
    I have seen the smaller boxes, but I am looking for the round tub style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

jogdish wrote: »
    I have looked in two Dunnes and Tescos for the Tub of Celebration mini sweets - and no one has them, anyone know where to get them in the city?
    I have seen the smaller boxes, but I am looking for the round tub style.

Joyces in knocknacarra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Reasonably priced HDMI cable, 2-2.5m long at least. Asked the brother to pick one up in Maplin as he was going there anyway. Anything longer than 1m was something like €40.

Happy Christmas everyone also. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Curry's have basic HDMI cables for far cheaper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

mike_ie wrote: »
    Curry's have basic HDMI cables for far cheaper than that.

He was in Aldi next door and I told him not to bother, as I thought they would be expensive... :p

Cheers. Will swing by myself at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Check Mr Price/Dealz/Euro2 as well, they always have 1m cables but occassionally have 2m ones as well for €2 or whatever. I usually buy mine on Ebay, about €6-7 for good quality 3m of braided cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dsf435

Where I can dispose of medical waste (used insulin needles &c) in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

dsf435 wrote: »
    Where I can dispose of medical waste (used insulin needles &c) in Galway?

You should be able to bring them to the pharmacy that you purchase your needles from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Looking for somewhere to bring a rug to be cleaned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I also, got my photo taken at black rock on the day of the Xmas swim.

Does anybody know who was taking them or where they would be published??

Connaught Tribune or Galway Advertiser would be the first crowds that comes to mind. Call into their offices and ask.

edit: for the pics, not the rug cleaning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Does anyone know where you can buy above in Galway. Got a sample in a Xmas pkg., only gorgeous. Have tried a few places and Google.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Try O'Brien's Off License in the Galway Shopping Centre.

http://www.obrienswine.ie/spirits/spirits/liquer-cream/disaronno-70cl.html

Thnks so much for that only place I didn't try, in stock aswell ...happy new year...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I'll stick this in here for two reasons:

1.. It's near the top of the page.

and

2.. 98% of Boardsies won't have a clue what the thread title refers to and they will all click on it to find out.

So::

HAPPY NEW YEAR GALWAY BOARDS PEOPLE!!

• Advertisement

Someone did......yep realised that myself but had already posted....You know something now that you didn't know yesterday so happy days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Hmmmmmm Disorrono plenty of coke and ice very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Hmmmmmm Disorrono plenty of coke and ice very nice

Ice - yes, Coke - no. (but each to their own :) )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

I am looking for passport photo booth or machine in Galway do they still exist ? passport is running out ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

There used to be one in Eyre Square shopping centre, near the upstairs entrance.

There was one in NUIG in the printer room beside the shop under the library.

Can't confirm if they're still there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

youngrun wrote: »
    I am looking for passport photo booth or machine in Galway do they still exist ? passport is running out ...

You could just go to pretty much any pharmacy. ..they also take passport quality photos

Would be better off going to someone who knows how to take them in my opinion - they've clamped down a lot on the format of passport photos these days and I've known people that have had them turned back multiple times because the photos weren't up to spec. Fahy Foto down at the end of Shop St. have the proper gear for passport photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There is one near the side door of M&S and one up near the Supermacs side of the Headford Road shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

mike_ie wrote: »
    Would be better off going to someone who knows how to take them in my opinion - they've clamped down a lot on the format of passport photos these days and I've known people that have had them turned back multiple times because the photos weren't up to spec. Fahy Foto down at the end of Shop St. have the proper gear for passport photos.

Fahyfoto closed a month or two ago no? There are machines in all the main shopping centres.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Fahyfoto closed a month or two ago no? There are machines in all the main shopping centres.

Yes got one in Eyre sq centre beside dunnes !

Advertisement