Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It mentions Argos.
    and alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'm looking at gyms around GMIT for the college year and so far I've heard back from the warehouse (€225 for 9 months) and Active Fitness in the connacht (€295). Which would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

How much are they?

It was around €100 but it was a good few months ago so the price could have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I'm looking at gyms around GMIT for the college year and so far I've heard back from the warehouse (€225 for 9 months) and Active Fitness in the connacht (€295). Which would be better?
    It depends what you want out of the gym. Active fitness is open 24hours a day. Warehouse does crossfit I think. Look around both and see which you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Warehouse does crossfit I think
    Just checked their website- don't see any mention of crossfit (must have dreamt that, sorry) but has a good set up for free weights/squat racks etc. limited cardio equipment by their own admission, but that might be to your preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Anyone see good deals on children's rash guards? Checked Penney's, Dunnes and TK Maxx and none to be found. I haven't checked port west but don't want to pay premium prices for them as they will only be used for two weeks of the year. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Where can I get a mass card in Salthill or the city? And how much do they cost? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MUFC20TIMES

Just wondering where can you buy flares in Galway?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Galway Maritime on Merchnts Road, at the House Hotel end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Delicia

b.gud wrote: »
    Where can I get a mass card in Salthill or the city? And how much do they cost? Thanks

I always get them in the little office beside the Augustinian Church. They cost €2

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭puddles59

Hi does anyone know where I could get a wooden headboard covered in faux leather and roughly how much would it cost.? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Also purcell marine in clarinbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Anthony Ryans.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Vrinda

Hi I'm looking for childminder/babysitter in Renmore, Galway for occasional babysitting only. Preferably someone who lives in Renmore, Galway. Also, willing to do exchange babysitting ( parents with children around 2-5 age) . Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Don't worry, I've no intentions of robbing a bank or anything :pac: . I'm throwing together a cosplay that requires a navy 3-hole ski mask/balaclava. I've tried amazon but none of the suppliers ship to Ireland.

Anybody know where they could be found around galway?

Any and all advice welcome.

I'm also on the look out for a balisong trainer knife like this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nULFnb8QL._SL1000_.jpg

again, amazon doesn't ship them to Ireland, anyone have any idea where they could be sourced in Mayo or Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Did you try Great Outdoors or the camping shop directly opposite it both on Eglington St

Unfortunately Army Bargains store closed up a couple of yrs ago that would have exactly what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Use parcel motel. A very handy way to get around restrictions on Amazon as you use a UK address. Cost 3.5euro a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Don't worry, I've no intentions of robbing a bank or anything :pac: . I'm throwing together a cosplay that requires a navy 3-hole ski mask/balaclava. I've tried amazon but none of the suppliers ship to Ireland
    I agree with topcat77...Parcel Motel is a great way to order on Amazon and use a UK address for shipping. I get my Parcel Motel items near the local Joyce's in Knocknacarra. Great system.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Anyone know of any internet cafe locations open this evening (Sunday 7pm+)? Getting harder and harder to find them in the city. Love Chat&Net but now closed Sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 NewInGalway

Does anyone know where I could get rubber nose grips/pads for glasses? They are all plastic frame and keep sliding down my nose. So far I have tried some opticians and sports stores with no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Does anyone know where I could get rubber nose grips/pads for glasses? They are all plastic frame and keep sliding down my nose. So far I have tried some opticians and sports stores with no luck.

Somewhere like Boots, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Best sites/places to buy used motorcycles/cars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask in Motors

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NewInGalway

Where could I buy a nice rose in a pot (houseplant), preferably in the city centre or somewhere on a bus route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Where could I buy a nice rose in a pot (houseplant), preferably in the city centre or somewhere on a bus route?

Woodies in Wellpark, Woodies in the Galway retail park, or B&Q would all be very likely places I would imagine as they all have garden centers.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I have a pair of leather boots that I need to get repaired - the sole is loose on one and the heels have uneven wear. Where is the best place in town to get them one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I have a pair of leather boots that I need to get repaired - the sole is loose on one and the heels have uneven wear. Where is the best place in town to get them one?

The cobbler on sea road is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Chap in old mervue master cobbler has done amazing back to as good as new on items I left in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ninadeer

New to Ireland, and I have a dairy protein intolerance (so I avoid most milk and milk products at all costs). Where I lived before I could find heavy whipping cream that had no protein in it. I could use it when I needed something milky in cooking. I've been to SuperValu, Joyce's, Tesco, and Dunnes and can't find any heavy whipping cream anywhere. Am I just missing it? Is there a store that carries it somewhere?

Advertisement