Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

If its a college project why cant you use library rooms in whatever college youre in? Or schedule it so that you can on the days you have access?

If that was possible, I would already be doing that, but it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Redditor wrote: »
    If that was possible, I would already be doing that, but it isn't.

Fair enough, just asked as at this time of year study rooms are always available, best of luck with it anyway sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Is there anywhere in town a group of 4 could work on a college project and not bother anyone if they were chatting?

There is one day a week that we don't have access to the usual facilities, for the next couple of months.

I dunno would they be that amused with it in the library... Wifi and power essential.

Thanks.

Maybe you could ask your college if you could use a classroom in the evening one or two days a week, when normal classes are finished.

Eeden wrote: »
    Maybe you could ask your college if you could use a classroom in the evening one or two days a week, when normal classes are finished.

Hi, the course is being run in Galway but accredited with a college elsewhere. They are renting a particular room, for specific times. There is no possibility for us to be there outside of that. We need somewhere basically for office hours on Mondays to work on projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hi, the course is being run in Galway but accredited with a college elsewhere. They are renting a particular room, for specific times. There is no possibility for us to be there outside of that. We need somewhere basically for office hours on Mondays to work on projects.

Just go into nuig walk around arts melenium and grab an empty room. Ye might have to move once or twice if ye are there for the day but if ye don't get something better, its an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

Hi, I've a completely banjaxed laptop and I'm wondering if there's anywhere in Galway that would buy it for spare parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iasc87

Bit of an odd one but does anyone know where I could get chicken or other bird feathers? I know the obvious is go out and look and hope for the best that I find them but I'm after an easier way.

Is there anywhere that a person could get a fairly complete list of SMEs in Galway?

I'm not trying to sell them anything, I am just looking for a list. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Phone book?
    Chamber of commerce?

biko wrote: »
    Phone book?
    Chamber of commerce?

I've seen a good few lists but a lot of the companies went out of business many years ago.

Just wondered if there was a handy list. I'm not too lazy to go through golden pages if I have to, but that would take a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Where's a good place to get incense burners and sticks?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Looking for cheap fire bricks for a pizza oven.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Mr. G wrote: »
    Cheers

Saturday market. If you come from the Shop Street end you should see a girl selling Indian stuff. You will probably smell it anyway.
    If you want a shop there is a place on Mary Street that always smells of incense but I've not been in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Looking for a kid friendly pool around the city. Leisureland isn't an option as the times don't suit. Thanks

What's a kid friendly pool? Toys? Shallow? Life guard?

What's a kid friendly pool? Toys? Shallow? Life guard?

Shallow area for the kids to play, toys would be a benefit but OK if they're not their. Lifeguard is not needed. Should have mentioned this in the first post but the kids that will be with me will be 3 year old and maybe a 1 year old as well

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You could try the salthill hotel, they have one very small toddler pool and a much bigger child/teen pool, as well as the adult pool but that's not for splashing about in :P

Thanks for the suggestions guys will let you know how I get on

Colour printing round headford road anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Mr. G wrote: »
    Cheers

Kembali on Abbeygate Street or one of the smaller stall type shops downstairs in the Eyre Sq Shopping Centre in front of JD Sports/New Look.

Banana peppers, pickled or fresh?

Banana peppers, pickled or fresh?

I had to Google them to see what they were, but the look like things I've seem in some of the Aisan stores around town before. Though I can't guarantee that it's def them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Im sure its been asked before but i cant find it

Tv aerial installer and fta satellite installer who does a good job and wont fleece me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Where to get fuses? Ceramic ones for (ancient) house fuseboard.
    B and Q stared blankly at me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

inisboffin wrote: »
    Where to get fuses? Ceramic ones for (ancient) house fuseboard.
    B and Q stared blankly at me :)

CT Electric Sean Mulvoy Rd or any of the trade places like Peter Curran, Flaherty Markets etc.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Does anyone know do any of the 24 petrol stations around town serve coffee through the night? I'm driving to the airport at around 2 am and want to get a coffee for the way. Thanks

b.gud wrote: »
    Does anyone know do any of the 24 petrol stations around town serve coffee through the night? I'm driving to the airport at around 2 am and want to get a coffee for the way. Thanks

You could try topaz in bohermore. They have a window but whoever is working might make u one... not sure of any that are open (open shop) 24 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Londis on Newcastle Rd.

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »

The first petrol station I passed was the one on Lough Atalia and they were serving coffee, thanks for the responses I'm off for some sunshine :)

Advertisement