Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Looking to get a proper bodhrán, not the touristy cheap ones.
    Apart from Powells on Shop Street, are there any other shops in town that sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anywhere local doing Chip Pan Baskets or Chip Pan and Basket other than Argos?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

HI
    Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwasher stopping mid cycle - looking for somebody to fix it - ideal "no fix, no fee" and No callout charge aswell.......any body know of anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

I would Try Conboys or Anthony Ryan Homestore

Might be worth checking out Dealzs, Mr Price or 2euro shop

• Advertisement

HI
    Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwasher stopping mid cycle - looking for somebody to fix it - ideal "no fix, no fee" and No callout charge aswell.......any body know of anyone?

I got a certain individual (I can't name due to forum rules) with a shop in town that charged e75 and as soon as he came took a look and said he couldn't fix it - without even taking the cover off or looking up the vendor to see if he could source the part I know was gone.

So the moral of the story is make sure when booking she/he actually knows what is wrong so they may be able to rectify it.

If you want I have a number of a guy in Tuam you can ring (He does be in Galway) I have used him but comes recommended please PM me

Looking to get a proper bodhrán, not the touristy cheap ones.
    Apart from Powells on Shop Street, are there any other shops in town that sell them?

Years a go I got one from http://irelandwoodcrafts.com/ still sounds ok he is based in the claddagh

Buddy74 wrote: »
    I got a certain individual (I can't name due to forum rules) with a shop in town that charged e75 and as soon as he came took a look and said he couldn't fix it - without even taking the cover off or looking up the vendor to see if he could source the part I know was gone.

So the moral of the story is make sure when booking she/he actually knows what is wrong so they may be able to rectify it.

If you want I have a number of a guy in Tuam you can ring (He does be in Galway) I have used him but comes recommended[/QUOTe

This is exactly what I'm afraid of! I don't want to get stung and then have to fork out the money to get a new one - I reckon its easy enough fix as last time it stopped working, all it was, was a sensor thingy that needed to be cleaned - My handyman has since moved away - so trying to find another trust worthy person - Thanks for response

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Buddy74 wrote: »
    Years a go I got one from http://irelandwoodcrafts.com/ still sounds ok he is based in the claddagh

Thanks, I managed to get one of his in Powell's yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Where would I buy an exercise bike other than Argos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

No harm in ringing a few gyms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Elverys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Where is the place to buy organic eggs in the city. Price?

Sick of tasteless eggs with pale yokes.

Dunnes and lidl ones not the best

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Where is the place to buy organic eggs in the city. Price?

Sick of tasteless eggs with pale yokes.

Dunnes and lidl ones not the best

The fruit and veg shops: the one at the front of the Headford Road Shopping Centre and the one in Terryland.

Best bet is the Market at the weekend though. Two or three stalls selling their own eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

<allegation about a market vendor removed, please use PM>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey there, the chowder thread is old so just wondering where to get good chowder in the city, tried Blakes and Oscars but want to know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

Garveys is ok. A lot of places seem to just throw a bit of salmon in now though and thats your lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Hey there, the chowder thread is old so just wondering where to get good chowder in the city, tried Blakes and Oscars but want to know what you think

Not sure if this is too far out of town for you, but O'Gradys on the Pier in Barna has chowder to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Not sure if this is too far out of town for you, but O'Gradys on the Pier in Barna has chowder to die for.

I second that, best chowder I've had!

For pub grub type places in town Buskers is actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tmh106

Hey there, the chowder thread is old so just wondering where to get good chowder in the city, tried Blakes and Oscars but want to know what you think.

I had some very nice chowder in Goyas recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

The mortar at the gable of my semi detached house ( Headford Road, Galway) has come away from the roof tiles letting the wind & rain in. Can someone please recommend a reliable person to carry out the job.

Thanks in advance,

T

Buddy74 wrote:
    If you want I have a number of a guy in Tuam you can ring (He does be in Galway) I have used him but comes recommended please PM me

Thanks, got sorted and didn't cost an arm and a leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Thanks, got sorted and didn't cost an arm and a leg!

Any chance he does roof repairs??? :-)

T

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Looking for generically branded big plastic jugs of distilled vinegar & rubbing alcohol (for cleaning etc), any ideas where to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

All foreign food shops have them. I get mine at Westside, the shop at the corner of the same building as Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

Looking for a personal trainer around Galway. Looking for a good trainer who can help me with an eating plan as well as a workout plan. Would be grateful for any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check out Health forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Blue850

Eogclouder wrote: »
    Looking for generically branded big plastic jugs of distilled vinegar & rubbing alcohol (for cleaning etc), any ideas where to get it?

Caulfield Industrial for the Isopropyl alcohol, 70% and 100%. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

MooShop wrote: »
    Looking for a personal trainer around Galway. Looking for a good trainer who can help me with an eating plan as well as a workout plan. Would be grateful for any suggestions.

Are you currently a member in any gym?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

MooShop wrote: »

Try Seamus leddy works out of n r g and does p t also

Advertisement