Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Looking for a nice place to have dinner with a couple of friends on Friday night. We'll be coming from out of town and don't know the city well, but want a place that's quiet enough to chat. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

katemarch wrote: »
    Looking for a nice place to have dinner with a couple of friends on Friday night. We'll be coming from out of town and don't know the city well, but want a place that's quiet enough to chat. Any suggestions?

How many people are you expecting? Do you have a food preference? Do you have a budget in mind?

@b.gud - sorry. Just four of us, any kind of food, (possibly Italian?) and willing to spend somewhat eg not a burger chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

@b.gud - sorry. Just four of us, any kind of food, (possibly Italian?) and willing to spend somewhat eg not a burger chain.

Italian:
    Il Vicolo in the bridge mills near Domnicks st is a wine bar/Italian that has a nice menu and lots of non traditional Italian dishes, i.e. no spag bol or Lasagne here. It's got a good atmosphere but you'll def be able to have a convo. Pasta dishes would be €16-€19 with mains such as duck or steak around €25. Can be busy so best to book earlier

Il Folletto on Quays st is a more traditional Italian where you can get a pizza, spag bol etc. It would not be as expensive as Il Vicolo but is still very nice. It's location also means that you would be right in the heart of all the main pubs if you wanted to go post dinner drink, though to be honest no where is really too far away from a pub in the city :)

If you want to be away from town Da Robertas in Salthill would be the best bet. The would be similar to Il Folletto in terms of price and menu. Haven't been here in a while so can't attest to what the food is like these days

If you want something other than an Italian I highly recommend Kai on Sea rd for my money it's one of the best restaurants in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Rouge. Perfect for spending long time and chatting. It's a wine bar and restaurant. Has only 3 mains I think and good prices. It's a French place, have couches where you can have wine while waiting for your table. Nice steak, lovely creme bruelle

• Advertisement

Thank you both so much, local heroes, yes!

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kev Cah

<Looking for a room post removed as per charter.
    see charter "For letting/finding any accommodation/property you should use..." in here>

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

Hi all..

Moved to the city some weeks back and looking to find a gp around the city.. preferably one that's proactive and openminded (a lot to ask?!)

Thanks ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

ch1984 wrote: »
    Hi all..

Moved to the city some weeks back and looking to find a gp around the city.. preferably one that's proactive and openminded (a lot to ask?!)

Thanks ☺

What do you mean by "open-minded"?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,892 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Open minded about what, exactly?

• Advertisement

Someone who's not strictly orthodox.. I guess not stuck in old ways and also not just gonna be 5 mins in the door, write out a script, thanks for the 60e and see ya later.. I like alternative routes too but by all means there's a time and place for both approaches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

ch1984 wrote: »
    Someone who's not strictly orthodox.. I guess not stuck in old ways and also not just gonna be 5 mins in the door, write out a script, thanks for the 60e and see ya later.. I like alternative routes too but by all means there's a time and place for both approaches :)

You know what they call "alternative medicine" that works, right?

Tbh I've never seen a doctor that handed me a script after only 5 mimutes without an examination.

As for an answer, Dr Fergal Colohan out in Terryland beside Dunnes is good. The medical centre at Dockgate seem to also be good as well.

I'll check them out, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

ch1984 wrote:
    Someone who's not strictly orthodox.. I guess not stuck in old ways and also not just gonna be 5 mins in the door, write out a script, thanks for the 60e and see ya later.. I like alternative routes too but by all means there's a time and place for both approaches
    Dr dilys clare on sea road is a GP and qualified herbalist.

Dr dilys clare on sea road is a GP and qualified herbalist.

Oh awesome :) thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Reveuse

Hi! I'm looking for a place to store a few suitcases and bags. The size of a closet should do really, about 2 or 3 square meters max as I'm looking for somewhere quite cheap and have absolutely no need for 15m2.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Reveuse wrote: »
    Hi! I'm looking for a place to store a few suitcases and bags. The size of a closet should do really, about 2 or 3 square meters max as I'm looking for somewhere quite cheap and have absolutely no need for 15m2.
    Thanks.

Only storage place I know like that is Barron's on the tuam road

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Reveuse

JillyQ wrote: »
    Only storage place I know like that is Barron's on the tuam road

Would they have something small enough though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Reveuse wrote: »
    Would they have something small enough though?

They have some fairly small units up there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Is there an uptodate map of the bus stops in city , looking to get to Tuam road ( musgraves ) from NUIG/cathedral,and what are the fares ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

youngrun wrote: »
    Is there an uptodate map of the bus stops in city , looking to get to Tuam road ( musgraves ) from NUIG/cathedral,and what are the fares ?

http://www.galwaytransport.info/

courtesy of Mrs O'Bumble

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

looking for an electrician around the roscam area.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mellows

Hi All
    I'm looking for a good family law solicitor in Galway city or County.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mellows

Bump Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Need to take up a pair of trousers looking for iron on hemming strips.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Need to take up a pair of trousers looking for iron on hemming strips.

Hickeys do wonda-web iron on stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

mellows wrote: »
    Hi All
    I'm looking for a good family law solicitor in Galway city or County.

Thanks

Checked the legal forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Hickeys do wonda-web iron on stuff.

You can get it in Tesco too.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

You can get it in Tesco too.

I got some in Ryan homestores last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Anyone selling a Dylan Moran ticket for tonight?
    Or know of any shops around town that might have some physical tickets left over? They're sold out on ticketmaster :'(

Advertisement